GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

cb1111

Ok, thought this might be a good place to post this. Got this offer in the mail today. It's a significant amount over what I owe on my current GTI which is the only reason I'm considering it. My question to you guys is, is the upgrade from a 2017 to a 2020 worth it or should I stick with my current vehicle. The only change would be going from 6MT to a DSG.
Sigh..... Do people still fall for this crap? Did you read the fine print? What is the KBB/Edmunds of your car (fair condition/average condition)? What price are they offering on the new car?

Car dealers play this game multiple times each day - you do it once every handful of years.

Like in Vegas - the dealer always wins. They'll wait until you are there, they'll take your car to appraise it and they'll sit you in a nice new shiny car and then they'll sit you down with the four square. They'll lower the offer on your car by every speck of dust. Then, they show you why you don't qualify for that "low internet price" on the new car, but they can still get you into that nice new shiny car for low monthly payments for 96 months.

While the value of some used cars has gone up, it hasn't gone up that much.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sigh..... Do people still fall for this crap? Did you read the fine print? What is the KBB/Edmunds of your car (fair condition/average condition)? What price are they offering on the new car?

Car dealers play this game multiple times each day - you do it once every handful of years.

Like in Vegas - the dealer always wins. They'll wait until you are there, they'll take your car to appraise it and they'll sit you in a nice new shiny car and then they'll sit you down with the four square. They'll lower the offer on your car by every speck of dust. Then, they show you why you don't qualify for that "low internet price" on the new car, but they can still get you into that nice new shiny car for low monthly payments for 96 months.

So you'll probably tell me the Nigerian thing is a scam also. 😂 I'm still getting warnings in the mail that I need to buy an extended warranty for a car I haven't had for 6 years.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG

And once they start chipping away at the offer that was sent, they immediately lose the deal. Please recognize not everyone is naive when it comes to purchasing vehicles. My main question was is it worth the jump from my 2017 to a 2020 based on the numbers given. To answer your question of the vehicle price, they are offering 2020 SEs for roughly 30k. Not amazing but not sticker either. I do appreciate your very thorough and nuanced response though. It's been quite helpful.

cb1111

And once they start chipping away at the offer that was sent, they immediately lose the deal. Please recognize not everyone is naive when it comes to purchasing vehicles. My main question was is it worth the jump from my 2017 to a 2020 based on the numbers given. To answer your question of the vehicle price, they are offering 2020 SEs for roughly 30k. Not amazing but not sticker either. I do appreciate your very thorough and nuanced response though. It's been quite helpful.
What is the value of your car and how much do you owe? A quick Edmunds look ( estimating miles) is around $12-$15k, so $6k less than they are offering - and that isn't in it even if they sell the new one at MSRP.

We're eager to hear what the dealer says on Saturday. Please keep us posted.

cb1111

So you'll probably tell me the Nigerian thing is a scam also. 😂 I'm still getting warnings in the mail that I need to buy an extended warranty for a car I haven't had for 6 years.
No, that's real. I'll also be happy to buy your car that you have advertised on CL. I'm out of the country right now, but you seen honest. I cannot travel right now as I have cancer of the breast, but I'll send you a cashier's check I have here. It is for about $300 more than you want for the car, so if you can Western Union me the difference, then I'll send a company to collect the car.

rallymaniac555

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI S MT
Just picked up a replacement for my 2015 GTI S MT.
I liked the car so much that I got an identical Tornado Red 2020 GTI S MT. No options, just mats and cargo blocks for $24,819 + TTL. I skipped their 0% financing and got 0.99% at my local CU for 36mos. I snatched one of the only 2 red ones in the 400 mile radius around Chicago. There were no reds in SE or Autobahn trims.
Next up is to get windows tinted and I already ordered EDs replica LED headlights. I had his version of HIDs on my 2015 and they were perfect. 5.5 years of trouble free operation.
P.S. Not really a n00b but coming over from the VWvortex forums since it seems that everyone is dead there ;)

AntErrickson

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI Autobahn
Ok, thought this might be a good place to post this. Got this offer in the mail today. It's a significant amount over what I owe on my current GTI which is the only reason I'm considering it. My question to you guys is, is the upgrade from a 2017 to a 2020 worth it or should I stick with my current vehicle. The only change would be going from 6MT to a DSG.

I’d stick with what I have. I just bought a 2016 myself and kind of played this same game in my head.

Personally I didn’t think the 2020 had much to offer, vs my new 6MT 2016 with 62K. It a an Autobahn with performance package and I paid about 20k. (Before trade in and cash down etc.)

I definitely wanted manual and a sunroof though and that’s a big factor for me. Guess it depends on the offer and your situation.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
To follow up on an earlier post, I traded in my 17SE 6MT for a 2020Autobahn.DSG. 37k was dealer price, got 18750 for trade, and 3k between dealer incentives+my own down payment. Ended up financing just under 28k at 0% for 72mo. Pretty pleased with how the whole deal turned out and love the car!

Attachments

• IMG_20200903_192724.jpg
    IMG_20200903_192724.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 140

HadaMuscle345

Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Trade 2018 Dodge Challenger RT 6MT
49600 miles purchased new
$23,000 trade allowance needed some pdr and new tires

Got a 2020 GTI S in red
$24,987+TTL+extended warranty(100k)
6.39% For 72mo with mediocre credit score but good history and $500 down
MSRP was $30,550
Roughly $3,200 in incentives plus some shrewd negotiating I guess to get to the purchase price.

Attachments

• B6624B59-FC7B-4236-9FB3-83F10C86A3F7.jpeg
    B6624B59-FC7B-4236-9FB3-83F10C86A3F7.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 144

rallymaniac555

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI S MT

Got a 2020 GTI S in red
MSRP was $30,550
Roughly $3,200 in incentives plus some shrewd negotiating I guess to get to the purchase price.

congrats. I love my red as well. Good deal on the price. So with your trade in, how much did you end up financing?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Got a 2020 GTI S in red
MSRP was $30,550
Get those stickers off the wheels before it causes an issue. If you leave them too long it'll be hard to get them off and using tools against the soft meal of the Austins is going to scratch them.

HadaMuscle345

Car(s)
2020 GTI S
congrats. I love my red as well. Good deal on the price. So with your trade in, how much did you end up financing?
Rolling my negative equity of $2,194 plus TTL but before the massive extended warranty it was $28,795. But bumping the warranty out to 100k, getting wheel & tire replacement, gap coverage and key replacement brought my grand total to $33,400. So got a good deal on the car but kinda got hosed on the back end so sorta equals out. But I could’ve done with out the wheel n tire and key BUT I figured I’d try it and see how it’s go

HadaMuscle345

Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Get those stickers off the wheels before it causes an issue. If you leave them too long it'll be hard to get them off and using tools against the soft meal of the Austins is going to scratch them.
The stickers are off and there’s no marks on the wheels thankfully. The car had barely been lot prepped when I purchased it. That picture was before the post purchase dealer detail

iSpyGTi

Car(s)
Hopefully GTI
In the market for a GTI and haven't owned one before. Here in the bay area, the DSG options are:

1. Handful of CPO 2017 S, 20k miles for ~$20k
2. 2017 CPO Sport with plaid, xenon and LSD for about the same $ but 40k miles
3. Couple new 2019 SE with $6k off MSRP (i.e. $28k before TTL)

I'm tempted by #2. Three year old car so it has 2 years of powertrain and CPO and a good color too. But after reading this thread, seems like I should shoot for #3 and offer $26-27k OTD. California taxes are high, doc fees capped at $85.

What should I do? I don't want to buy new but the warranty and higher specs are tempting. Can afford both, don't want to spend that $.

PS : Noticed one of the CPOs had a coolant leak. Picture below. What could be the problem? Just a simple hose fix or should I run? Car hadn't been prepped for showing so I caught it.

Attachments

• 20200913_154630.jpg
    20200913_154630.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
In the market for a GTI and haven't owned one before. Here in the bay area, the DSG options are:

1. Handful of CPO 2017 S, 20k miles for ~$20k
2. 2017 CPO Sport with plaid, xenon and LSD for about the same $ but 40k miles
3. Couple new 2019 SE with $6k off MSRP (i.e. $28k before TTL)

Depends on how long you are planning to keep this vehicle. If you are planning to keep it only for less than 4 years, i would recommend, option 2. If you are planning to keep it for a while and not going to void your warranty (by tuning), option 3 might be better.

Most of the great deals reported in this thread is location specific. Not all dealers would match the numbers in this thread because of their monthly sale volume. My local dealer laughed at my target price which i gave them when i bought my GTIs. Your target price translate to approximately 24k pre TTL price ($10k off MSRP) and i highly doubt your dealer would even consider your deal. Dealers are having limited 2019 inventory and they know people are looking out for brand new vehicles with People's warranty.