GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS vs Precison Raceworks MPI

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
They're very similar. The wiring is the same with the exception of PR adding ethanol content sensor wiring direct to the ECU. Other than that the harness is identical.

Haven't verified the injector part number, but Bosch doesn't even make a 920cc Injector so it has to be the same one. There is no other similar size in that product line.

The CTS kit uses a different fuel flow loop, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. If you don't like the way they do it, a $15 fitting is all you need to do it the same way as PR.

The CTS kit has much nicer inserts, and actually has clips that lock the injectors into the rail. The PR kit has inserts known to fail and nothing to hold the Injector in the rail if they do fail.

As for flow matching, it can't hurt but these are Bosch Injectors, not Chinese mystery junk. They will be pretty consistent from the factory.

Have the CTS, no issues. Recommend a euro manifold because then the MPI kit drops right in and saves a lot of time and hassle. Also, don't waste your money on 1300cc injectors unless you have a much bigger turbo and a built motor in your future.

As far as the clips go, I wonder if PR will implement those in to their kit or maybe we can do that ourselves?

I have a spare manifold that I got from RR on here and he already drilled it out. The reason why I am going with the 1300cc is because I will be building my motor after the holidays and will be going with a bigger turbo. I have already sourced most of the parts for my motor so I am halfway there.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
dont wanna high-jack, but just curious for my knowledge, do people usually run the upgraded fuel rail and the hpfp or is it, if you get the hpfp your good? or they are related 1:1 where both upgrades help

If you have MPI, then you don't need to upgrade your hpfp. I believe there is a forum member that has MPI and an upgraded hpfp but not sure who it is. I'm sure it's fine to do that but it's not needed.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
if the euro manifold is the same price as a regular manifold and you absolutely want a spare then why not but it's a waste of money in my eyes. it took me 10 mins to get the cts inserts installed and the the fuel injector holes drilled.
Those cts inserts are in there pretty damn solidly.

PS thats what that little 10mm bolt is for. drill the pilot holes with the larger of the 2 supplied drillbits and the screw in the inserts.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Ask Jon at 5150.. Forget... Lol

call me crazy but it just freaks me out to use the pvc as a boost reference source

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
dont wanna high-jack, but just curious for my knowledge, do people usually run the upgraded fuel rail and the hpfp or is it, if you get the hpfp your good? or they are related 1:1 where both upgrades help

It is my understanding that upgraded HPFP is not a requirement for MPI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
If you have MPI, then you don't need to upgrade your hpfp. I believe there is a forum member that has MPI and an upgraded hpfp but not sure who it is. I'm sure it's fine to do that but it's not needed.

so then why would u upgrade the mpi which is alot more money (900 vs 300 hpfp), is upgrading to mpi like doing both hpfp and lpfp in one?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
OEM fuel rail, 980 injectors, and PR MPI harness. Threaded inserts do not back out...only the push in ones do.

PR will sell the harness separately from the kit? Do you recall the price for this?

Hoon

Autocross Champion

You're better off with a stock HPFP if you're running MPI.

MPI seems to cause a touch of instability in the high pressure side, so having a stock HPFP makes it easier and more consistent to tune.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
At full e85 what would you say the limitations would be with the 900 vs the 1300 injectors?

I don’t want to find myself in a situation where I getting the smaller one and then down the line needed to upgrade and spend more

Hoon

Autocross Champion
At full e85 what would you say the limitations would be with the 900 vs the 1300 injectors?

I don’t want to find myself in a situation where I getting the smaller one and then down the line needed to upgrade and spend more

700+whp for the small injectors on E85.