GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS vs Precison Raceworks MPI

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I know there are only a few of us that have MPI for our cars so looking for those that have one or the other and what are your thoughts on installation and overall performance. I've heard issues with the PR one and their injectors not staying in place and the CTS one is slightly cheaper but I don't care for it's design.

CTS
https://www.ctsturbo.com/product/cts-turbo-mk7-vw-audi-ea888-gen-3-port-injection-kit/

Features:
- Proprietary billet aluminum high-flow fuel rail (hard anodized for E85 fuel).
- 980cc (up to 500hp) or 1300cc (500hp and up) Bosch injectors.
- Installs like factory-designed MPI for maximum functionality.
- OEM fuel pressure sensor.
- Complete wiring harness for factory ECU integration.
- Installation hardware included.
- Eliminates the need to clean intake valves.

Precision Raceworks
http://www.precisionraceworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_61&product_id=103

Features:
- 925cc (500 whp) or 1300cc (700+ whp) Bosch injectors.
- Billet aluminum fuel rail (features large AN6 input and output port and will
not crack and leak like plastic fuel rails available from ROW cars).
- Fully Ethanol / E85 compatible injectors, fuel rail, fuel sensor, and other
hardware.
- Factory ECU integration (the included plug and play harness connects to all
required sensors and injectors and pins directly into the ECU connector and
fuse box).
- All necessary mounting hardware is included and meet or exceed OEM
requirements to ensure your kit will fit, look, and function for years to
come.

Precision Raceworks also mentions that their Bosch injectors are flow matched by an outside lab and come with detailed certification giving you all the flow data needed for optimal tuning. In addition, the included injectors have a spray pattern which has been modified to their proprietary specs designed specifically for the EA888 engine as off the shelf injectors and those offered by other companies have wide spray patterns that have been known to cause damage to the engines.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
They're very similar. The wiring is the same with the exception of PR adding ethanol content sensor wiring direct to the ECU. Other than that the harness is identical.

Haven't verified the injector part number, but Bosch doesn't even make a 920cc Injector so it has to be the same one. There is no other similar size in that product line.

The CTS kit uses a different fuel flow loop, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. If you don't like the way they do it, a $15 fitting is all you need to do it the same way as PR.

The CTS kit has much nicer inserts, and actually has clips that lock the injectors into the rail. The PR kit has inserts known to fail and nothing to hold the Injector in the rail if they do fail.

As for flow matching, it can't hurt but these are Bosch Injectors, not Chinese mystery junk. They will be pretty consistent from the factory.

Have the CTS, no issues. Recommend a euro manifold because then the MPI kit drops right in and saves a lot of time and hassle. Also, don't waste your money on 1300cc injectors unless you have a much bigger turbo and a built motor in your future.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
...Recommend a euro manifold because then the MPI kit drops right in and saves a lot of time and hassle...

Can someone confirm if this is the right one? Part # 06L133201AH
Appears to be the right part # from prior threads I dug up, but trying to verify with those in the know. I'm all over the map on what I'm going to do with this upcoming EQT sale and even though it's way outside budget I'm considering the MPI route with the Pagparts LPFP

https://www.europaparts.com/intake-manifold-06l133201ah.html

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
They're very similar. The wiring is the same with the exception of PR adding ethanol content sensor wiring direct to the ECU. Other than that the harness is identical.

Haven't verified the injector part number, but Bosch doesn't even make a 920cc Injector so it has to be the same one. There is no other similar size in that product line.

The CTS kit uses a different fuel flow loop, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. If you don't like the way they do it, a $15 fitting is all you need to do it the same way as PR.

The CTS kit has much nicer inserts, and actually has clips that lock the injectors into the rail. The PR kit has inserts known to fail and nothing to hold the Injector in the rail if they do fail.

As for flow matching, it can't hurt but these are Bosch Injectors, not Chinese mystery junk. They will be pretty consistent from the factory.

Have the CTS, no issues. Recommend a euro manifold because then the MPI kit drops right in and saves a lot of time and hassle. Also, don't waste your money on 1300cc injectors unless you have a much bigger turbo and a built motor in your future.

I've been looking into getting a euro manifold and was leaning towards getting chinese one since they are basically same price as used oem. I've heard of a couple of folks using the the chinese one without issue so I think I'll give it a try.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I've been looking into getting a euro manifold and was leaning towards getting chinese one since they are basically same price as used oem. I've heard of a couple of folks using the the chinese one without issue so I think I'll give it a try.

Just have 5150 install it on your OEM one like mine. They have threaded inserts they can use. Mine has held up fine so far.

**Nevermind..didn't realize you were not really local to 5150.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Just have 5150 install it on your OEM one like mine. They have threaded inserts they can use. Mine has held up fine so far.

**Nevermind..didn't realize you were not really local to 5150.

I'd probably make the drive since I'm going to retune there but just a tad worried about them backing out. Are you using the CTS kit?

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
OEM fuel rail, 980 injectors, and PR MPI harness. Threaded inserts do not back out...only the push in ones do.

Nice. So you picked up euro fuel rail? How much was that?

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Nice. So you picked up euro fuel rail? How much was that?

Ask Jon at 5150.. Forget... Lol

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
dont wanna high-jack, but just curious for my knowledge, do people usually run the upgraded fuel rail and the hpfp or is it, if you get the hpfp your good? or they are related 1:1 where both upgrades help