GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS vs Precison Raceworks MPI

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
They're very similar. The wiring is the same with the exception of PR adding ethanol content sensor wiring direct to the ECU. Other than that the harness is identical.

Haven't verified the injector part number, but Bosch doesn't even make a 920cc Injector so it has to be the same one. There is no other similar size in that product line.

The CTS kit uses a different fuel flow loop, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. If you don't like the way they do it, a $15 fitting is all you need to do it the same way as PR.

The CTS kit has much nicer inserts, and actually has clips that lock the injectors into the rail. The PR kit has inserts known to fail and nothing to hold the Injector in the rail if they do fail.

As for flow matching, it can't hurt but these are Bosch Injectors, not Chinese mystery junk. They will be pretty consistent from the factory.

Have the CTS, no issues. Recommend a euro manifold because then the MPI kit drops right in and saves a lot of time and hassle. Also, don't waste your money on 1300cc injectors unless you have a much bigger turbo and a built motor in your future.
Thread Revival ?
Hey Hoon. I really want to run full E85. I’ve had the PR fuel lines for a year just sitting in my garage since I have the CTS MPI kit and it doesn’t play nice with the CTS fuel rail. Could you point me in the direction of the $15 fitting that will make them play nice together? Appreciate it.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Thread Revival ?
Hey Hoon. I really want to run full E85. I’ve had the PR fuel lines for a year just sitting in my garage since I have the CTS MPI kit and it doesn’t play nice with the CTS fuel rail. Could you point me in the direction of the $15 fitting that will make them play nice together? Appreciate it.
I emailed cts asking the same question, well, i asked what the thread pitch of the fuel rail...no reply. lol. it'll be good to know although i may be going back to just a regular old stg 2 and selling my tpc38 and my entire fuel system/map sensors
still, it'd be good to know what that fitting size is

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Looks like the PR wiring harness does have the clips for the injectors now; received in the mail a couple days ago.

It's not wiring harness clips that were missing, it was fuel rail clips.

The wiring harness isn't going to hold the injectors in the rail when the PR inserts fail.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
It's not wiring harness clips that were missing, it was fuel rail clips.

The wiring harness isn't going to hold the injectors in the rail when the PR inserts fail.

Ahhh my mistake. I'll have to take a look at the CTS fuel rail... my OEM Euro fuel does not look like it has clips either?

I did take pic of the harness but it does not sound like what you were talking about.

Yep, looking at CTS's kit I see what you mean Hoon... I also looked at my euro FR and it looks like it has some provision to use clips... I'll be taking a trip to the dealer in a bit, I'll see if the clips can be bought separately.

Last edited:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Thread Revival ?

I'm not sure what the thread is and I def don't have a tap that large to verify, plus my car is being stored 20 minutes away during the engine build and most of the parts are inside the car.

You should be able to take the plug out and go to a headwear store or performance shop to figure out what it is.

I've heard from a few people, that have had the PR kit for over a year now with no issues, that the problem is install error and not the actual kit.

It's a poorly designed part, CTS has better inserts and a better rail design (although I like PRs fuel routing better). Install error is the go to excuse when the design sucks and fails if the install isn't perfect.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
What about PagParts MPI kit? I have yet to see anybody using that one.

Edit: Now I don't see it on their website so maybe that's why nobody has it but I know for a fact they are developing it.

Last edited:

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
sorry to revive a old thread, does anyone know the part number of the Bosch injectors? I have a euro spec car so that pretty much all I need to get this running apart from making up some adapter harnesses for the EV1 fitting.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance