GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

nekky

Passed Driver's Ed
How screwed am I? Car won’t flash to any map and gives error 36 transfertimeout. Tried flashing to both stock and stage 2 loader. Car is now inoperable.

Is it because the car battery is getting low? Hasn’t showed me any indication of being low but getting scared now as have tried flashing a few times.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
How screwed am I? Car won’t flash to any map and gives error 36 transfertimeout. Tried flashing to both stock and stage 2 loader. Car is now inoperable.

Is it because the car battery is getting low? Hasn’t showed me any indication of being low but getting scared now as have tried flashing a few times.

Go into the windows and manually verify that your laptop is completely updated.

Where In the process is it freezing?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Froze during block 1 once and block 7 another time, is all I can remember. Freezing during the actual flash.

I've had this happen, it was caused by my laptop needing an update. Can't be sure you have the same issue but it's the first thing to check. Just right click the windows icon, type updates and click the link to verify its updated.

Also update the flash loader if it's not the latest version.

nekky

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had this happen, it was caused by my laptop needing an update. Can't be sure you have the same issue but it's the first thing to check. Just right click the windows icon, type updates and click the link to verify its updated.

Also update the flash loader if it's not the latest version.

Pretty sure both done already but will confirm. Will connect my other car to the battery via jumper cables and try flashing again.

rotaryguy

Passed Driver's Ed
Is DI duty cycle measured the same way one would check using MPI? And if it is, < 80% is it still preferred?
Oh and I had to manually install Maestro today, on launching it said locked and to manually download from eurodyne.ca. On both my PC and laptop, you may want to check yours.

Last edited:

rao

Passed Driver's Ed
Is DI duty cycle measured the same way one would check using MPI? And if it is, < 80% is it still preferred?
Oh and I had to manually install Maestro today, on launching it said locked and to manually download from eurodyne.ca. On both my PC and laptop, you may want to check yours.

Not even close; its way less because the fuel is being injected directly into the cylinder the timing "window" is much smaller.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Do you guys have left foot braking for your Maestro tunes? I don't seem to have it on my 1.8 tune. I'm assuming 2.0 guys have it because Twist brake boosts.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Do you guys have left foot braking for your Maestro tunes? I don't seem to have it on my 1.8 tune. I'm assuming 2.0 guys have it because Twist brake boosts.

I can left foot brake while still on the gas with my OTS ED Stage 2 tune. So I don't see why it wouldn't also work with Maestro :confused:

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I use half of the injection window you get with PI but also you need to take into account spark timing and when the exhaust valves close to get a real idea of what’s going on. Since we don’t know cam position in maestro and what kind of injection window table values/limiters we have, it’s kind of hard to know for sure.

rotaryguy

Passed Driver's Ed
Window is about half

I use half of the injection window you get with PI but also you need to take into account spark timing and when the exhaust valves close to get a real idea of what’s going on. Since we don’t know cam position in maestro and what kind of injection window table values/limiters we have, it’s kind of hard to know for sure.

What I am trying to determine is how far I can/should push the DI system before bringing in more of the PI system with the MPI/DI split tables.
For example during testing I was hitting power cut logging some pulls because (I assume) DI system was maxed out, this typically was accompanied in the log by a 20-21 Injector pulsewidth on the DI. So where is the safe limit I should log to? 17, 18, ?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
What I am trying to determine is how far I can/should push the DI system before bringing in more of the PI system with the MPI/DI split tables.
For example during testing I was hitting power cut logging some pulls because (I assume) DI system was maxed out, this typically was accompanied in the log by a 20-21 Injector pulsewidth on the DI. So where is the safe limit I should log to? 17, 18, ?

That's not the DI pulse width, when you enable MPI the Injector Pulse Width becomes the two combined.

You want a 2:1 ratio. For example, 10ms MPI pulse width and 15ms Injector pulse width (which is actually 5ms DI).