GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed

I like sushi, but too much too often could lead to parasites. Never eat sushi on Mondays.

Abbas, not sure where you're at, but if you are in the ethanol free zone known as Ontario I have found a Toronto area source of corn syrup. https://www.n54tuning.com/e85-fuel-15g-or-30g-drums-gta-area-only-free-delivery.html

$1.80 a L ain't terrible. It's no 2 US bucks a gallon, but beggars choosers and ethanol deprived hosers and all that.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Thanks for that mate!
I actually just saw that a few days ago and was the reason I actually asked if flex fuel was coming. Store a couple of barrels in the garage but can still fill up if I'm not close to home.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for that mate!
I actually just saw that a few days ago and was the reason I actually asked if flex fuel was coming. Store a couple of barrels in the garage but can still fill up if I'm not close to home.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

I thought I remembered you being GTA-ish. I was thinking so as well "how much would a 55gal barrel cost me". This is a bit of a game changer for me. (I've dealt with that company before, too, I can vouch that he's a good guy- he was willing to meet me part way on a Sunday night). 30 Gal barrels are fantastic, as well. A human can actually easily move them without a hernia immediately occurring.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Earlier this week a few of my VW customers in Texas blocked out a full day with me and arranged some time at AWDTuning to use their Mustang Dyno so I could remote tune their cars in one go. It was a hot day with temps around 90F and 60% humidity.

The first car was Daniel McGee's Golf R. It's running our EQT XL turbo with a built block, all the supporting mods, MPI and full E85. The car was tuned at 34psi peak. In colder weather the turbo can hold 34-35psi the whole way, but in these conditions it was dropping off to about 31psi by 7500RPM. The car still made a solid 545whp and 505ft-lbs.

The second car was Aaron Zambrano's Golf R. This one has a very similar setup with an EQT XL and MPI, but is on a stock block so we were a bit more careful with torque and overall power. This car also has WMI which helped with the hot conditions. We tuned it around 33psi peak and made 540whp/460ft-lbs.

The third and final car for the day was Austin Perry's GTI. This one just has a basic bolt-on setup with an IS38 turbo and is running pump 93 Octane. Considering the pump gas and little IS38 turbo, the car did very well and made 378whp/400ft-lbs.

It was a long day for everyone, but its very satisfying to knock out 3 complete tunes in one go. Special thanks to AWDTuning for putting up with these VW hooligans ;)

-- Ed

Attachments

• Daniel Mustang Dyno.jpg
    Daniel Mustang Dyno.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 501
  • Aaron Mustang Dyno.jpg
    Aaron Mustang Dyno.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 510
  • Austin Mustang Dyno.jpg
    Austin Mustang Dyno.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 515

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
Ed,

For big turbos how does the 100 octane map compare to say an E50 blend? I will be on 92 pump gas and looking to move to a higher race fuel. The setup for a blend (hpfp/lpfp at minimum) doesn’t seem financially viable despite the cost of 100 octane fuel at just a few runs a year.Otherwise I’ll stick to pump gas if the horsepower increase isn’t much of a difference.

I picked up Hoon’s L450 and will be giving you a tuning shout in a few months.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Ed,

For big turbos how does the 100 octane map compare to say an E50 blend? I will be on 92 pump gas and looking to move to a higher race fuel. The setup for a blend (hpfp/lpfp at minimum) doesn’t seem financially viable despite the cost of 100 octane fuel at just a few runs a year.Otherwise I’ll stick to pump gas if the horsepower increase isn’t much of a difference.

I picked up Hoon’s L450 and will be giving you a tuning shout in a few months.

You're going to need HPFP to get to the MAP sensor limit on pump gas.

Welcome to the rabbit hole :)

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
You're going to need HPFP to get to the MAP sensor limit on pump gas.

Welcome to the rabbit hole :)

Oh hey there :cool:

In that case I’ll just buy it all. From my research I was under the impression the stock fueling could be left alone with the L450; unless that was for anything under 400whp on pump gas.

Last edited:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Oh hey there :cool:

In that case I’ll just buy it all. From my research I was under the impression the stock fueling could be left alone with the L450; unless that was for anything under 400whp on pump gas.

It can be but it will be a limiting factor even on pump. You either have to tune it lean or turn the boost down to maintain fuel pressure...better to just do the HPFP and not have these issues.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It can be but it will be a limiting factor even on pump. You either have to tune it lean or turn the boost down to maintain fuel pressure...better to just do the HPFP and not have these issues.

If he bought your L450 what did you get?

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
It's 2019. Stop presumptively assigning genders, Hitler. Your aunt is a rugged and handsome hero.

Only losers use Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You are now consciously breathing... what happens if you now forget to do it?

You'll be holding your breath or subconsciously or consciously breathe to keep from passing out in which case you'll start to breathe involuntarily. What?

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
What about blinking, though? Are your eyes getting dry yet, now that you're trying not to blink on my command?

Do you have anything for farting?

Jerusalem Artichokes. Harvested a couple of burlap soil bags of them this afternoon. Guaranteed to give uncontrolled flatulence if I can get someone to eat a couple raw.

Admittedly, not as impressive as my breathing and blinking mutant powers. (I'm one of those people who can actually easily slow my heartrate down when I can see it, so that's kinda cool... but I have not proven able to lower anyone else's heartrate or blood pressure yet. I can only make people feel like they're having a stroke through conversation)

Only losers use Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
WTF happened here?