GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

armstrom

Passed Driver's Ed
Recently had my inspection done. All my readiness monitors show ready and I am running a CTS turboback exhaust with a cat and no spacer. The cat is in the midpipe and not in between the two o2 sensors so its literally not factoring into the monitors at all, just there for show and to indeed filter the exhaust.

I still have codes for o2 sensor lean, and efficiency below threshhold, but they don't cause the CEL to illuminate and the car passed just fine.
But do you have a stage 2 tune that disables the CEL? Or does your downpipe just perform well enough to prevent the light? I don't think it's possible to disable the secondary O2 sensor without at least one readiness failure. In my state we are able to pass emissions with one readiness failure so I was curious which monitors would be disabled on this platform when disabling the secondary O2 sensor.
-Matt

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
Hope someone can help!

I've already emailed Ed but I've just installed the eqt turbo and the accessport won't let me flash the eqt base map. All the other ots maps are available except the eqt base map, it's blacked out and says it's locked.

I've attached pictures below of the accessport screen.
Wondering if anyone has run into this issue before and what you did to fix it.

Cheers!

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Hope someone can help!
I've already emailed Ed but I've just installed the eqt turbo and the accessport won't let me flash the eqt base map. All the other ots maps are available except the eqt base map, it's blacked out and says it's locked.

Dumb question here, but I assume the AP Serial# listed on the EQT Vortex map is the serial# of your AP? If the serial # is different you won't be able to load the file

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
Dumb question here, but I assume the AP Serial# listed on the EQT Vortex map is the serial# of your AP? If the serial # is different you won't be able to load the file
You could be right actually, but this is brand new from EQT so there really shouldn't be this kind of problem.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Hope someone can help!

Cheers!

Same thing happened to me. The serial number was entered incorrectly thereby locking the file you received to a different ap. Called Patrick and he sent me the correct file the same day.

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
Same thing happened to me. The serial number was entered incorrectly thereby locking the file you received to a different ap. Called Patrick and he sent me the correct file the same day.
Awesome!! I'll call him right now
Cheers mate [emoji1417]

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Awesome!! I'll call him right now
Cheers mate [emoji1417]

I’m away from my computer right now, but I’ll check and send over the file as soon as I’m back at it!

— Ed

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m away from my computer right now, but I’ll check and send over the file as soon as I’m back at it!

— Ed
Look forward to hearing from you Ed :)
Want to flash it tonight as to not damage the engine.

Such a quick response, amazing customer service [emoji1417]

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
Got the file yesterday Ed! Thank you so much
I will probably be doing the logging tonight and sending you the logs

Do you guys notice your engine oil temp running hotter than before you installed the eqt turbo and EQT base map? Before I was consistently at 100-101C and now it's at 109-110C

Is that to be expected?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Got the file yesterday Ed! Thank you so much
I will probably be doing the logging tonight and sending you the logs

Do you guys notice your engine oil temp running hotter than before you installed the eqt turbo and EQT base map? Before I was consistently at 100-101C and now it's at 109-110C

Is that to be expected?

Those are normal temperatures.

azthegame

Ready to race!
But do you have a stage 2 tune that disables the CEL? Or does your downpipe just perform well enough to prevent the light? I don't think it's possible to disable the secondary O2 sensor without at least one readiness failure. In my state we are able to pass emissions with one readiness failure so I was curious which monitors would be disabled on this platform when disabling the secondary O2 sensor.
-Matt

I run a tune from Ed on the Vortex and yes the o2 sensor is disabled as far as I know. Still get codes for o2 sensor lean but it doesn't trigger a light and all my readiness monitors shows ready. lol

armstrom

Passed Driver's Ed
I run a tune from Ed on the Vortex and yes the o2 sensor is disabled as far as I know. Still get codes for o2 sensor lean but it doesn't trigger a light and all my readiness monitors shows ready. lol

Hmm, interesting. I didn't think that was possible. Good to know. I still need to decide if/when I'm going to get a tune. I just bought the car as a used CPO back in April and I'm not sure yet if I'm up for voiding my powertrain warranty early.
-Matt

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Ed,

Wondering what your normal turnaround is on your etunes? I sent my data logs in on Monday and haven't heard anything so far.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Well guys.... after a lengthy (and somewhat painful) process...

I'm now a full fledged paying sponsor, so I'll be starting up a few fresh threads over the next couple weeks. My old threads have been brought back to life, so at least that info is not lost. Glad to be part of this little corner of the internet again!

Thanks
-- Ed