GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Nice! i think there is a slight port at the manifold as well, would love to see that.

We had a small batch like that. Didn’t see any effect from it so we opted out. Good eye ;)

— Ed

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Like this?

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
My fast is happy.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
My fast is happy.

uberpolka, nice pics!! what screw size and thread pitch and length did you end up going with for the wastegate actuator? thanks. also how did you clip on the wires without a proper connector to do the bench setup for the voltages? or did you buy an extra connector? i have micro-clips will it work?...have fun!!

GhostGTI2

Ready to race!
uberpolka, nice pics!! what screw size and thread pitch and length did you end up going with for the wastegate actuator? thanks. also how did you clip on the wires without a proper connector to do the bench setup for the voltages? or did you buy an extra connector? i have micro-clips will it work?...have fun!!

Looking for these answers as well. My Mahle didn't come with mounting hardware. Ordered the connector and pins but it's slow to come over the ocean... believe it's stateside now though.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
Looking for these answers as well. My Mahle didn't come with mounting hardware. Ordered the connector and pins but it's slow to come over the ocean... believe it's stateside now though.

do you have the part# for the connector and pins please? thanks!

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I'll try and get the bolt size today. Just had them laying around.

Didn't get a new connector, just used alligator clips small enough to grab the pins in the actuator and not touch each other. Really straight forward.

GhostGTI2

Ready to race!

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Well got it in, 90% done.
My wife had to work today last minute and didn't let me know until last night.

So, I got 5 hours of work today before she left. needed about an hour more.

The piping, old and new is a pita to get out and in. Once in it fits fine though!
Got hoses to put on and then the IE intake again, plus refill coolant.

Checked the actuator and it measured 3.57v, inline with the recommended 3.5-3.6v so I left it. Adaptation ran fine with OBD11 and I've flashed the basemap.

May end up just saying screw it and finish it up at 1am tonight.

le sigh, why am i married?

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I bought this, not positive it's correct. Of course, the only one that would be used is the black connector and pins. ECS sells it, but it was $32 IIRC there. Ebay was about $12 USD.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-VW-Sk...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Probably easier just to use tiny alligator clips if you have them. If not, I bet lowes or HD sell them for a couple bucks.

I ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FM7GPQN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Small wires with small clips, just handy all around for more than just the turbo. Can't beat it for $9

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Don't forget to triple check you have all the coolant clamps in place on the hardline. I missed the vertical one next to the intake and made a big mess.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk