GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best DSG Paddles?

buccad

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI Autobahn
Are there any paddles out there that still light up like the stock ones? I like having the little - and + lit up. I think it looks nice. Don’t judge me

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Are there any paddles out there that still light up like the stock ones? I like having the little - and + lit up. I think it looks nice. Don’t judge me

No - One could use phosphorescent paint to light them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion

No full replacements that I have seen

But with the Leyos you can still see the stock paddles + / -

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
No full replacements that I have seen

But with the Leyos you can still see the stock paddles + / -

That is my favorite part of the Leyo paddles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie

If you look closely, those are a bit different with the + and - painted on, instead of being a machined hole. That painted design apparently may have a looser fit with the pin, and rougher edges along the sides. Comparison from aliexpress vendor:

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
If you look closely, those are a bit different with the + and - painted on, instead of being a machined hole. That painted design apparently may have a looser fit with the pin, and rougher edges along the sides. Comparison from aliexpress vendor:

I’ve bought from alibaba (sourcing for business) and more recently aliexpress (retail) for many many years and the thing is that there are lots of products that appear the same as each other but are vastly different in quality, it often pays dividends just to study the photos carefully, the customer reviews nearly always include photos that are a much clearer representation of the product too, 99% of the time you can judge quality of two similar looking products by the price, you nearly always get a better product if you don’t pay the lowest price!, if someone on this forum buys a product and recommends it, buying from the same seller will be the best option, just as with other retail platforms there are many long running well established sellers that sell great products, but there are also others selling tat to make a quick buck, taking a bit of time to compare different sellers products before purchase will usually be all that is necessary!

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
I just ordered these. Even has a short install video. I'll report back with how they work, but based on many others that have them installed, I expect no issues. I chose silver, as those are less likely to fade than red or black. I liked that these apparently don't have a goofy logo on the bottom, but we'll see when they actually show up. :)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...278.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.65ea4c4dVh3JNY

These just arrived today, so essentially 2 weeks from the time I ordered. Very smooth with no rough edges, and an even finish. Install was simple with a needle nose pliers, just like the video on Aliexpress. There are no logos on the paddles, which was a huge plus to me.

I took some video of both sides to show the minimal amount of play at the top of the lever. In normal use, I don't notice any looseness when flipping the paddles. Only if you move it back and forth as demonstrated. More discerning types could conceivably use some electrical tape in the pin hole (as others have done), but that might also increase the effort needed to pull the levers.

They engage in the same area as the OEM paddles up to the very top of the lever. Pulling on the bottom edge does not provide enough leverage for them to work.

In summary, I think they are a great value and work very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ym9naDqxbA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=473NeO3bfjw

boostnonu

Go Kart Newbie
Just picked up a set of mountune52 paddles in silver and I’m very upset with the quantity and if I was them I would be embarrassed that I let out a set of these looking the was they do. They have very visible tooling marks on both not just one that squeak by. Just sitting in drivers seat they can be seen. No need to have at an angle or bright lighting. Buyers beware. Hey mountune52 quality control.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
These just arrived today, so essentially 2 weeks from the time I ordered. Very smooth with no rough edges, and an even finish. Install was simple with a needle nose pliers, just like the video on Aliexpress. There are no logos on the paddles, which was a huge plus to me.

I took some video of both sides to show the minimal amount of play at the top of the lever. In normal use, I don't notice any looseness when flipping the paddles. Only if you move it back and forth as demonstrated. More discerning types could conceivably use some electrical tape in the pin hole (as others have done), but that might also increase the effort needed to pull the levers.

They engage in the same area as the OEM paddles up to the very top of the lever. Pulling on the bottom edge does not provide enough leverage for them to work.

In summary, I think they are a great value and work very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ym9naDqxbA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=473NeO3bfjw

I’ve discovered recently that the wobble is in fact at the notch area (yellow circle), NOT the pin, to rectify this all that is needed is a small piece of fabric tesa tape stuck over it in the direction of the red arrows starting at the red line, if you take a look at the factory paddles they have a small divider in the notch that the tesa tape will replicate.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Just picked up a set of mountune52 paddles in silver and I’m very upset with the quantity and if I was them I would be embarrassed that I let out a set of these looking the was they do. They have very visible tooling marks on both not just one that squeak by. Just sitting in drivers seat they can be seen. No need to have at an angle or bright lighting. Buyers beware. Hey mountune52 quality control.

Sorry but kind of your own fault for paying that much for paddles that can be had for $30 on AliExpress and are well documented on these forums and elsewhere.

I’ve discovered recently that the wobble is in fact at the notch area (yellow circle), NOT the pin, to rectify this all that is needed is a small piece of fabric tesa tape stuck over it in the direction of the red arrows starting at the red line, if you take a look at the factory paddles they have a small divider in the notch that the tesa tape will replicate.

Nice. I had wondered. I’ll do this when I get my car back from the body shop