GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best DSG Paddles?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Sorry but kind of your own fault for paying that much for paddles that can be had for $30 on AliExpress and are well documented on these forums and elsewhere.

The mountune52 paddles are a slightly different design than the Racingline style ones.

quincy

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought these on Amazon. Look just like the AliExpress ones without having to wait for shipping from China.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DQFNL9G/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_X63JDb64W57PP

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
The mountune52 paddles are a slightly different design than the Racingline style ones.

I understand that but the design is really quite similar and the eBay/Ali knockoffs look and work great.

Guess I just cant wrap my head around why anyone wants to willingly spend $150–250 on two pieces of milled metal that perform the same function as a $25–30 piece, especially when the far more expensive product turns out to have what appears to be inferior build quality.

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
Carlos: Thanks for the tip about the tape! After having these installed for the past 4 months, I don't think will bother with it, though. They still look and feel great, and the minimal amount of play isn't something that bothers me. It's a great suggestion, though, for those that might be more OCD and on the fence about buying a set of $30 paddles.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Carlos: Thanks for the tip about the tape! After having these installed for the past 4 months, I don't think will bother with it, though. They still look and feel great, and the minimal amount of play isn't something that bothers me. It's a great suggestion, though, for those that might be more OCD and on the fence about buying a set of $30 paddles.

Well, forget $30! I just recently decided to replace my silver set with black and bought some for £14 GBP or $17 USD (shipped) from AliExpress,

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33048477790.html

they are outstanding quality, I was genuinely surprised by them, I initially bought the cheapest I could find as I was going to cut them and resin bond/mould the mounting section to some T-Carbon extensions, but now I have them fitted, (no play what so ever), they also unlike others I’ve see have machine cut ‘finger grips’ on the back side!

Last edited:

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
Has anyone found some composite ones? CF maybe, but really just glass fiber reinforced plastic so they don’t get too cold or hot depending on the season.

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
Well, forget $30! I just recently decided to replace my silver set with black and bought some for £14 GBP or $17 USD (shipped) from AliExpress,

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33048477790.html

they are outstanding quality, I was genuinely surprised by them, I initially bought the cheapest I could find as I was going to cut them and resin bond/mould the mounting section to some T-Carbon extensions, but now I have them fitted, (no play what so ever), they also unlike others I’ve see have machine cut ‘finger grips’ on the back side!

Nice!! I like the machined grips on the back too!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
M52 paddles. No cosmetic problems from what I can see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
^^They're probably all coming out of the same factory in China regardless of what vendor you buy from. Lol...I'm pretty sure that's where my M52 ones are made:LOL:.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Yeah...they are probably made in the same factory in China for sure. I really like mine, the red really goes well with the Tartan interior of my S.

Attachments

• 1A4444D1-F982-461F-BA1D-0B2B4D17F3C9.jpeg
    1A4444D1-F982-461F-BA1D-0B2B4D17F3C9.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 81

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I’ve discovered recently that the wobble is in fact at the notch area (yellow circle), NOT the pin, to rectify this all that is needed is a small piece of fabric tesa tape stuck over it in the direction of the red arrows starting at the red line, if you take a look at the factory paddles they have a small divider in the notch that the tesa tape will replicate.

I'm really glad this thread got bumped. I recently bought a set of these for super cheap from @ReadTheBook (great seller, btw) and was getting a slight rattle from them combined with my BFI stage 1 dogbone insert (mostly low speeds and reverse, per usual).

A bit of tesa/friction tape in the spots you pointed out took care of it completely and now they are silent and feel OEM.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
I'm really glad this thread got bumped. I recently bought a set of these for super cheap from @ReadTheBook (great seller, btw) and was getting a slight rattle from them combined with my BFI stage 1 dogbone insert (mostly low speeds and reverse, per usual).

A bit of tesa/friction tape in the spots you pointed out took care of it completely and now they are silent and orfeel OEM.
I guess I got lucky with mine, never had any noise or rattle. You would think they came original OEM as part of the car. It was a really good $25 investment.