GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best DSG Paddles?

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Just installed these guys last night. Absolutely sick, elevates the whole shifting experience.
I came from MT and using these is almost as engaging.

Totally! People complain about the price for nice paddles but they are one of the most-used and touched parts of the car.
Also after factoring in the ability to re-sell them for 75% of MSRP and they are a pretty low cost investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
I just ordered these. Even has a short install video. I'll report back with how they work, but based on many others that have them installed, I expect no issues. I chose silver, as those are less likely to fade than red or black. I liked that these apparently don't have a goofy logo on the bottom, but we'll see when they actually show up. :)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...278.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.65ea4c4dVh3JNY

Last edited:

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Totally! People complain about the price for nice paddles but they are one of the most-used and touched parts of the car.
Also after factoring in the ability to re-sell them for 75% of MSRP and they are a pretty low cost investment.

I think the problem people have with the price is when S2T's paddles are $230, but you can get a complete replacement paddle set for less than $40 shipped from China. Sure, S2T's are probably a higher quality, but almost $200 better? And if they're making profit selling an aluminum set for >$40,.how much profit must the S2T ones be making?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
I think the problem people have with the price is when S2T's paddles are $230, but you can get a complete replacement paddle set for less than $40 shipped from China. Sure, S2T's are probably a higher quality, but almost $200 better? And if they're making profit selling an aluminum set for >$40,.how much profit must the S2T ones be making?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Chinese labor is much cheaper than American, too.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
One thing I don't like about all paddles I've seen is they attach via sticky pads. Might install some if I find any that attach in a solid manner without the sticky junk, and also look cool.

I'm partway through so sorry if someone's already mentioned it, but the ECS ones are also full replacements. Similar issue on the lower end use as the S2T ones but as mentioned it seems they're built to have the leverage on the top.

Also full replacement ones likely shouldn't have rubbing issues like some of the stick-on ones might, since you're not adding any size (and might take some away).

So far my carbon fiber ECS ones have been great. A bit pricier than the stick-ons, but don't think as much as the S2Ts?

Last edited:

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Does anyone who has actually added the paddles actually use them more now? (Genuine question)

I do. The stock ones were a bit small to me and blended into the wheel too much to catch where it was when trying to get through a turn. With the aftermarkets it's easier to use and/or spot quick with a glance at the wheel. I will say though I agree that stalk-mounted (or whatever) instead of wheel-mounted paddles would've been much better.

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
My S2Ts changed my life. I can't keep my hands off them! :cool:
Drive in manual 100% of the time.

Another member put it perfectly - the initial costs is going to hurt, but the enjoyment from high quality paddle replacements is going to stick around a lot longer.
Purchased used S2T B1s from a member here for $160 and they're worth every dollar.

Burner1

Ready to race!
Chinese labor is much cheaper than American, too.

It’s not so much the labor , but the quality control is cut out completely or at least negligible- Continuous improvement is removed from their philosophy. This and cheap labor =low prices and quality .

See Toyota on how to do quality control .

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
My S2Ts changed my life. I can't keep my hands off them! :cool:
Drive in manual 100% of the time.

Another member put it perfectly - the initial costs is going to hurt, but the enjoyment from high quality paddle replacements is going to stick around a lot longer.
Purchased used S2T B1s from a member here for $160 and they're worth every dollar.

Got my S2Ts for $140. Used as well. But you wouldn’t know. Totally agree with you.

I’ve tried Pinalloy and Leyo v1 add-ons, and various VWR knockoffs from Amazon. Wish I had forked over the $ sooner.

Mind you, I did also have my eye on the ECS paddles. [emoji23]