GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best DSG Paddles?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I guess I got lucky with mine, never had any noise or rattle. You would think they came original OEM as part of the car. It was a really good $25 investment.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, they fit great for the low cost. There were just very specific situations that would irk my OCD. Mostly in reverse when the car shakes the most from the dogbone insert and the steering wheel was turned and one of the paddles would be at 12:00 or 6:00. Which is every time I back out of my garage haha.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Crappy picture, but I quite enjoy these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001277442248.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.38cb4c4d7XBElK
1620657674718.png

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
The $20 ubiquitous ones from AMZ are great. Proper fitting is key but mine are OEM quality in feel with zero slack or any other issue.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I have the $25 ones from Amazon and they are well made IMHO. They fit well, there isn't any play, and the shade of red matches the stitching on the steering wheel.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I just took the oem ones off. Feels way better with no paddles at all.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I like to touch the actual buttons back there with my extemely long king bitch finger nails.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
I'm really glad this thread got bumped. I recently bought a set of these for super cheap from @ReadTheBook (great seller, btw) and was getting a slight rattle from them combined with my BFI stage 1 dogbone insert (mostly low speeds and reverse, per usual).

A bit of tesa/friction tape in the spots you pointed out took care of it completely and now they are silent and feel OEM.
I tried this on mine and unfortunately it did nothing. What fixed it for mine was adding a tiny bit (wrap around only once) to the end of the pin itself (at the end where its slightly thinner).

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
One thing I learned from a fellow forum member that’s worth repeating. Instead of pulling the pins with a needle nose, instead use a very small punch to push the pin out. Saves any mangling of the pin heads.