GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who got their Clubsport S muffler? Raise you hand!

Who go their CSS mufflers, who didn't?

• Total voters

Jakee95GTI

Hi all, I currently have the CSS rear muffler on my car and love it but I want it to sound more like the actual CSS would it be worth getting the front silencer and downpipe or save myself money and just get a res delete?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Hi all, I currently have the CSS rear muffler on my car and love it but I want it to sound more like the actual CSS would it be worth getting the front silencer and downpipe or save myself money and just get a res delete?

Are you wanting the pops the Clubsport has?
The Clubsport like other Euro GTI's has direct injection and port injection. We only have direct. The port injection is the sound you are missing.
Only a stage two tune from some companies will give you this and with these it is louder, and not as smooth.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Are you wanting the pops the Clubsport has?
The Clubsport like other Euro GTI's has direct injection and port injection. We only have direct. The port injection is the sound you are missing.
Only a stage two tune from some companies will give you this and with these it is louder, and not as smooth.

His location is listed as oxford, suggesting his GTI should already have port injection. :D

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Would not open to right spot for me.

Try this one: https://youtu.be/3sg59_2BjTk?t=69

It's dashcam quality.

Pretty obnoxious with gunshot-like pops/bangs. Fortunately, it can be turned on/off by having the driver selection profile to Sport/Normal. I only really enable it once in a while.

Clubsport S Muffler + Upgraded Resonator (APR Triangle Muffler) + Catted/Resonated Downpipe.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3

Not entirely true :D

MTM now offers a stage 1 tune with "crackles". They call this their "motor sound rallye" tune. I'm running it on my car and am pleased to report that it is MUCH more refined than the other tuners' solutions (namely APR).

With stock downpipe and CSS muffler, it produces more of a burble effect than outright pops and bangs. It is dependent on RPM as well, so lower RPMs produce a gentle burble on the overrun, while higher revs will produce more prominent pops. If wrung out to redline without upshifting, you can induce some loud pops - but you really have to egg it on to be that dramatic. In normal D mode, there's effectively no burbles at all given the lower revs.

I also love how "restrained" the overrun burbles are. Let off the gas and you get a few burbles/pops before it smooths right back out all the way down the revs. It is completely unlike the other "crackle" tunes which are popping and banging all the way down the revs.

This video does a pretty good job at conveying the overall effect. But keep in mind that we were driving the car hard and getting it to "crackle" for the purposes of the product video. In day to day driving, its even more subtle and refined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jswGMMMcc5M

:cool:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Try this one: https://youtu.be/3sg59_2BjTk?t=69

It's dashcam quality.

Pretty obnoxious with gunshot-like pops/bangs. Fortunately, it can be turned on/off by having the driver selection profile to Sport/Normal. I only really enable it once in a while.

Clubsport S Muffler + Upgraded Resonator (APR Triangle Muffler) + Catted/Resonated Downpipe.

Wow!
Everyone will know who is coming.
I would only want this for when lifted truck is riding my rear end.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Not entirely true :D

MTM now offers a stage 1 tune with "crackles". They call this their "motor sound rallye" tune. I'm running it on my car and am pleased to report that it is MUCH more refined than the other tuners' solutions (namely APR).

With stock downpipe and CSS muffler, it produces more of a burble effect than outright pops and bangs. It is dependent on RPM as well, so lower RPMs produce a gentle burble on the overrun, while higher revs will produce more prominent pops. If wrung out to redline without upshifting, you can induce some loud pops - but you really have to egg it on to be that dramatic. In normal D mode, there's effectively no burbles at all given the lower revs.

I also love how "restrained" the overrun burbles are. Let off the gas and you get a few burbles/pops before it smooths right back out all the way down the revs. It is completely unlike the other "crackle" tunes which are popping and banging all the way down the revs.

This video does a pretty good job at conveying the overall effect. But keep in mind that we were driving the car hard and getting it to "crackle" for the purposes of the product video. In day to day driving, its even more subtle and refined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jswGMMMcc5M

:cool:

As normal Adam is on the cutting edge.
It does sound nice. Good that more options are coming out.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Wow!

Everyone will know who is coming.

I would only want this for when lifted truck is riding my rear end.

Sometimes when someone’s tailgating me, I switch over to Sport mode just to enable these pops and do a pull before I move out the way and let them pass lol. Or I’ll just do a pull and they’ll usually back off...

glitronic

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI AutobahnDSG
Question on using the Clubsport (5G6253609AN) vs Clubsport S (5G6253609DD) muffler on a GTI.

First, my research tells me this:

The Clubsport (non-S) exhaust piping between the resonator and muffler is 60mm, while the GTI and Clubsport S is 65mm. The Clubsport and Clubsport S mufflers themselves look the same from the outside at least.
If I wanted to use a Clubsport muffler on a GTI, the usual recommendation is to mount it at the standard dimpled cut point with a 65>60mm reducer in place.

Question:
Is there a way to use the Clubsport (non-S) muffler without any reduction from 65-60mm? Such as cutting the piping right at the muffler and keeping the stock GTI 65mm piping intact right until it attaches to the Clubsport muffler? (this is where a close up photo of the pipe to muffler flange would help)

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
As normal Adam is on the cutting edge.
It does sound nice. Good that more options are coming out.

:D

My good friend owns the US division of MTM (based in Germany) - they've been tuning and modding VW's and Audis for YEARS. Super cool to have them stateside. I've been able to be somewhat of an "R&D" car for them (in addition to doing some photo and video work as well).

Their 802hp S8+ is a riot :eek: