GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Twindad are those absolute or additive settings?

If absolute, doesn't the RPM 1500 number need to be 10 or greater?

If additive, those targets blow my mind.

Yes. 10 or greater for absolute. These are additive. Running e30 with the IS20. I tried absolute. My load was as much as 16.8, so I’m giving these a shot. Have to do some logs tomorrow with them

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Interesting. Didn't you mention to me that you had zero luck with additive settings previously and said you went absolute and never looked back?

Also, golfmk7.com won't let me quote posts today for some reason.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Interesting. Didn't you mention to me that you had zero luck with additive settings previously and said you went absolute and never looked back?

Also, golfmk7.com won't let me quote posts today for some reason.

I did. George wanted me to give additive a try with the IS20. The IS20 does get closer to target, so we’ll see where it goes. I have a feeling I’ll be back to absolute though. I kind of like knowing the exact boost I’ll always be hitting. The additive will change with the IAT and stock ECU request.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
That should be fun! 26-27 PSI peak if I remember the stock curve correctly. I hope it works out! I know additive has worked very well for me, but that could have to do with that I'm never adding more than 6 PSI.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Few questions want to ask:
1. if you upgrade to golf R fuel injector to use with IS38, then you cannot use any off the shelf tune software? My only concern is about the speed limited by the stock tune.

2. Any extra hardware requires for upgrading golf R fuel injectors? 4 of them cost 288$ vs ~600$ for APR tune
https://www.ebay.com/i/122562835994?chn=ps&dispItem=1

We running a car with APR stage 2 and IS38 and Golf R injectors with no issues. Its ROW spec but same applies for US.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I’m thinking there is something else that triggers the absolute vs. additive. It’s not just 1,500 below 10. Maybe if I set that to 1 and 2,000 low as well

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Use the ramp up I sent you from low down.

I’ll give it a shot. At what point can I go to 15-16 though. By 3,000 I’ll need it. I’m not trying to question your expertise, but I already had good logs that hit 23 psi. The logs I sent were the ones with higher targets of 26.3 and 27.3. Where the trims were getting maxed. If I start with 3,4,5,6 and work to 10. I’m only targeting like 14-15 at 3,000 and 18-19 peak. I’m not sure what that will help me with over just going for 23 psi absolute setting

Last edited:

Slick99

Ready to race!
I’m thinking there is something else that triggers the absolute vs. additive. It’s not just 1,500 below 10. Maybe if I set that to 1 and 2,000 low as well
try to set the 6-cylinder timing to 1 if it's on 0, I set mine to 1 and all my absolute boost were working as additive.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
It doesn’t work. It’s acting like absolute

Maybe I missed something. What are you trying to achieve by this (assuming you are trying to fool the logic to force additive mode and cheat the amount allowed to be added in additive mode)? If it were me writing the code given the under 10/over 10 rule, I would first load all boost values into an array. If ANY of them are equal to or over 10 during initialization, I would then force absolute for all RPM during the feedback loop. I am guessing that is what their micro-controller programmer is doing as well. Makes sense for safety.

What else am I missing? I'm sure it is something! What is wrong with absolute?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
try to set the 6-cylinder timing to 1 if it's on 0, I set mine to 1 and all my absolute boost were working as additive.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Lol. You forget who you are talking to. I’ve already had it to 27 psi. I was getting some glitches with absolute and George wanted me to try additive. If the additive mode limits to just 10 and then switches to absolute as a default, I can’t use the additive then. My load in my last log went as high as +16.5 psi. I had a weird dip in the Ign1 setting on two of the logs. On it just randomly dropped to 1 and then went back to normal. On the other log it’s just randomly dropped to 0 for two cells and then back up to 9.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Maybe I missed something. What are you trying to achieve by this (assuming you are trying to fool the logic to force additive mode and cheat the amount allowed to be added in additive mode)? If it were me writing the code given the under 10/over 10 rule, I would first load all boost values into an array. If ANY of them are equal to or over 10 during initialization, I would then force absolute for all RPM during the feedback loop. I am guessing that is what their micro-controller programmer is doing as well. Makes sense for safety.

What else am I missing? I'm sure it is something! What is wrong with absolute?

We were never told there was a maximum that was allowed in additive. Just that 1,500 has to be below 10. Nothing about 2,000 on up. If 10 is the max for additive, then I need to stick with thit absolute