GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Nice runs man. This is mine from a week ago.
GTI JB4 Map 6 e30 (no down-pipe or any other mods).

This is the log I grabbed while doing the run:

Wheel hop is still killing my launch even with Indy 500 - boost by gear helped. Shifted at around 6krpm as best as I could. Still chasing the 107/108 trap speed of the APR stg1 guys. I feel the 1/8th mile trap speed is there.
Damn! you ran a 13.4 with no other mods!? Did you at least remove your intake filter? lol
Shit, I'm jealous!!
I just picked up some Michelin Pilot sport PS2's so hopefully they will help, but my 60 ft is about the same as yours, not sure why you have so much more top end them me. Maybe it was b/c I lowered my tire pressure?
What tire psi did you run?

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Now I see your IAT at 95* at top of 3rd and mine is 129* :'( stupid FL heat

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Shifted at around 6krpm as best as I could. Still chasing the 107/108 trap speed of the APR stg1 guys.
Is shifting at 6k proven to give faster quarter times? This is the first I'm hearing this. Very interested to know

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Did you compare timing? Not all about boost..... This is why I bother with eblending. E85 is the best thing ever.
I had 3 gallons of e85 on my runs. but have no idea what actual % I was at.
Is it just the heat that is killing me, or something else? (purchased the BMS intercooler, just waiting to install once my front splitter arrives)

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I had 3 gallons of e85 on my runs. but have no idea what actual % I was at.
Is it just the heat that is killing me, or something else? (purchased the BMS intercooler, just waiting to install once my front splitter arrives)

Yes, heat will lower timing even with E in the tank. Just won't have as many corrections. When I dyno'd my car IAT hit 160F and timing hit 9 degrees, minimal corrections. on the street IATs would be in the 90s/low 100s depending on how hot it was and timing would hit 13/14 degrees.

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Did you compare timing? Not all about boost..... This is why I bother with eblending. E85 is the best thing ever.
and If you go by JB4's e85 rating, which I know is not at least 5% accurate(based on George's statement), shows that I was at 47 and he was 15.

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Yes, heat will lower timing even with E in the tank. Just won't have as many corrections. When I dyno'd my car IAT hit 160F and timing hit 9 degrees, minimal corrections.
How is that possible? What am I doing wrong? or is it because you were doing single gear pulls?

Mk7_Harare

Passed Driver's Ed
Damn! you ran a 13.4 with no other mods!? Did you at least remove your intake filter? lol
Shit, I'm jealous!!
I just picked up some Michelin Pilot sport PS2's so hopefully they will help, but my 60 ft is about the same as yours, not sure why you have so much more top end them me. Maybe it was b/c I lowered my tire pressure?
What tire psi did you run?

Nope, no air filter - literally no mods everything stock. Only JB4. My tire pressure was actually pretty high - I think it was high 30's PSI

On an IS20 you might want to shift even lower. Aint nothin out past 6k.

True dat - My second run I purposely revved it out to 6200 - 6300ish RPM - was barely 103MPH trap

Last edited:

Mk7_Harare

Passed Driver's Ed
You can run more boost on absolute, but yeah without the DP it'll be tough to match a flashtune.

Thanks man. I once tried absolute and I just got timing pull so I just stick with additive :/

I actually saw I guy on the FB group that ran a 13.33 at 107 & 108 using JB4 only on map6 e30, don't know if this link to the thread post will work: link

Last edited:

Mk7_Harare

Passed Driver's Ed
Can't see it.

A lot of factors go into it, like DA. You won't run the same at El Paso as say Houston. 4,000 ft difference. So comparing yours vs. people in completely different areas is not a good comparison.

Yeah I couldn't get the link to work:(

That's true man, I get what you saying - almost like comparing dyno #'s in a way. Could be many different factors. Hopefully I'll be able to find a stage 1 guy to run against to get a proper comparison.

Tornado-GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
:D
Thanks man. I once tried absolute and I just got timing pull so I just stick with additive :/

I actually saw I guy on the FB group that ran a 13.33 at 107 & 108 using JB4 only on map6 e30, don't know if this link to the thread post will work: link

Nope, no air filter - literally no mods everything stock. Only JB4. My tire pressure was actually pretty high - I think it was high 30's PSI

True dat - My second run I purposely revved it out to 6200 - 6300ish RPM - was barely 103MPH trap

Do you have the time slip from the pass where you trapped 103?

Here’s a 1/8 mile pass I made a couple of weeks ago. Maybe everyone can read it. :D Here is the data from that pass. 93 octane.
https://datazap.me/u/tornado-gti/log-1552876098?log=2&data=1-4

Attachments

• D405DA2E-9399-4DC6-9989-AB62DD2573C6.jpeg
    D405DA2E-9399-4DC6-9989-AB62DD2573C6.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 361
Last edited: