GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

xxbreezewoodxx

Passed Driver's Ed
Sure it’s nvr a bad thing to want to know how your car is running .

Any reason the log or buy the JB Connect if I am pretty limit to map1 with CA 91 oct gas? Car only has intake now, may install throttle pipe and discharge pipe later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Any reason the log or buy the JB Connect if I am pretty limit to map1 with CA 91 oct gas? Car only has intake now, may install throttle pipe and discharge pipe later.
Idk what device you have, but...

If you have Android, a cheaper solution that I use (besides the laptop method) is the following: JB4 data cable -> JB4 3' extension cable -> USB to micro-USB OTG adapter -> JB4 Mobile app.

Would likely be more stable than the Bluetooth connect. I don't know if the same can be done with iOS, as I don't have one.

As said above, it's never bad to see how your car's running, especially if it gets hot, and your intercooler can't cope.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
hey guys,

i did an error code check today on the JB4, got codes

431a
534a

any ideas?

431A indeed lets you know there is a fault on another module.
534A is 21322 - Implausible Data Received from ABS Control Module

So the fault is related to the ABS module. The fault can also appear on a low battery or if the car cranked for long on start up.

The 2000 is not a fault.

If you dont have a ABS light on constant its not a concern and could have been a once off.

CFGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Any idea why I can't seem to get above 8 degrees of timing even with no knock? Im on e30ish with just the JB4 and dp.

I also have an overboost issue seems to spike 25 psi even if I have it set to 23 psi.

Any input welcome! :)

ccbird

Ready to race!
Any idea why I can't seem to get above 8 degrees of timing even with no knock? Im on e30ish with just the JB4 and dp.

I also have an overboost issue seems to spike 25 psi even if I have it set to 23 psi.

Any input welcome! :)

I am no expert on this, but have spent enough time in this forum to state that if you are not getting to 10 degrees or near it, look at gas and iat. With you being in Florida, my guess is temperature is playing a role. There are times in summer I have zero knock and using the exact same gas blend get no more than 6 or 7 degrees up top due to temperature and at night when it cools off can easily hit 10 on the same settins just 20 degrees abient cooler.

E30 pretty much takes gas to the limit depending on the base gas, are you using top tier 93 with e85?

That said, cooling charge air or reducing boost up top is the best bet to get more timing advance.

Good luck

CFGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I am no expert on this, but have spent enough time in this forum to state that if you are not getting to 10 degrees or near it, look at gas and iat. With you being in Florida, my guess is temperature is playing a role. There are times in summer I have zero knock and using the exact same gas blend get no more than 6 or 7 degrees up top due to temperature and at night when it cools off can easily hit 10 on the same settins just 20 degrees abient cooler.

E30 pretty much takes gas to the limit depending on the base gas, are you using top tier 93 with e85?

That said, cooling charge air or reducing boost up top is the best bet to get more timing advance.

Good luck

Good point as my IAT are always 100-120F. It was even 55F out one night I did a log. There is no to maybe 1.2 knock in a single spot after a shift. Sounds like I need an intercooler! I usually just grab the 93 at the same station selling the e85 which is a Racetrac not top tier. I took 10 gallons back with me so on next fill up I'll use BP, Mobil or some top tier.

Edit: When I took the log at the track I was idling alot. Busy night there. I'll do some logs here soon and post up. Its in the 60s here so not bad.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Good point as my IAT are always 100-120F. It was even 55F out one night I did a log. There is no to maybe 1.2 knock in a single spot after a shift. Sounds like I need an intercooler! I usually just grab the 93 at the same station selling the e85 which is a Racetrac not top tier. I took 10 gallons back with me so on next fill up I'll use BP, Mobil or some top tier.

Edit: When I took the log at the track I was idling alot. Busy night there. I'll do some logs here soon and post up. Its in the 60s here so not bad.

Get an intercooler today since there is great black friday deals going on.

madracer

Passed Driver's Ed
In June this year decided to trade the 7 GTI in for a 7 Clubsport.
After a few months of remaining stock, fitted the following mods,

JB4
VWR600 Intake
Downpipe

Did a before and after run on the Dyno, pump fuel (95 RON / Pump Fuel)
40wkw difference, was pretty happy.
Pic 1

Before I installed the mods, i threw in some Octane, which essentially took the Octane to around 102RON and did a 1/4 mile run.
Pic 2

Then, after mods, set it to Map 2 / 95 RON Fuel, and did a 1/4 mile run on the same road (Please ignore slope, as the road was pretty much the same piece as the pre-mods run)
Pic 3

My question, how is it possible with a better 60 foot time on the post mods run, 40wkw more, my 1/4 mile time is slower?
The temperature difference between the runs was about 8 to 9 degrees celcius, surely that cant be the reason?

Attachments

• Dyno.jpg
    Dyno.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 299
  • Dragy Stock 102RON (349x620).jpg
    Dragy Stock 102RON (349x620).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 299
  • Dragy Map 2 Pump Fuel (349x620).jpg
    Dragy Map 2 Pump Fuel (349x620).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 296

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
In June this year decided to trade the 7 GTI in for a 7 Clubsport.

After a few months of remaining stock, fitted the following mods,

JB4

VWR600 Intake

Downpipe

Did a before and after run on the Dyno, pump fuel (95 RON / Pump Fuel)

40wkw difference, was pretty happy.

Pic 1

Before I installed the mods, i threw in some Octane, which essentially took the Octane to around 102RON and did a 1/4 mile run.

Pic 2

Then, after mods, set it to Map 2 / 95 RON Fuel, and did a 1/4 mile run on the same road (Please ignore slope, as the road was pretty much the same piece as the pre-mods run)

Pic 3

My question, how is it possible with a better 60 foot time on the post mods run, 40wkw more, my 1/4 mile time is slower?

The temperature difference between the runs was about 8 to 9 degrees celcius, surely that cant be the reason?

There is a big dip in your acceleration in the second dragy screenshot. Is that from wheelspin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk