GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove Torque limiter Via Vag-Com (How To)

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
VAG you are a god. Gotta love GIAC for the support as well! I don't know how many complaints I've seen about this so this is awesome. I'm going out to do it now and will test it with the wifey in the car later tonight haha.

Glad to see the Mustang hasn't pulled you away entirely from us :D

Bawlti

Ready to race!
Game changer! Props to GIAC and Rich! *thumbs up*

Can anyone w/OBD11 try this out? This is really the one thing I hate about the car is all the damn nannies, this is great news!

Done!!

For those with OBDeleven, Starting vibration reduction is in control unit 03 - Brake 1.

I already did the ESC off mod and I have a DSG tune, my only problem was on launches. Still didn't feel like domping a clutch on a MT. Will try a launch tomorrow!!

EDIT: I didn't touch "Torque limitation", it was already deactivated.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Am I the only one that thinks this is essentially just for burnouts? For launches it's not good to just spin the wheels the whole time as you're not actually accelerating as fast as you can. And around the track, well I thought most people like to stick with ESC in Sport mode if I remember correctly. Am I crazy?

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Done!!

For those with OBDeleven, Starting vibration reduction is in control unit 03 - Brake 1.

I already did the ESC off mod and I have a DSG tune, my only problem was on launches. Still didn't feel like domping a clutch on a MT. Will try a launch tomorrow!!

EDIT: I didn't touch "Torque limitation", it was already deactivated.

SWEEET! Thank you for trying this Bawlti! I'd give you reps if I could! I need to buy OBDeleven like yesterday! :)

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
will this mess with a DSG tune?

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
I tried on my obd11 and it only allowed me to put starting vibration reduction to normal...not deactivated.....

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Am I the only one that thinks this is essentially just for burnouts? For launches it's not good to just spin the wheels the whole time as you're not actually accelerating as fast as you can. And around the track, well I thought most people like to stick with ESC in Sport mode if I remember correctly. Am I crazy?

Nah even when the wheels don't lose traction it will cut the power which is the problem. Usually if I let the wheel spin a bit I WON'T get intervention. I attribute this to torque limit not being hit when spinning (i.e. like revving in neutral so no load). I rarely had it intervene on me though compared to some people who would always have trouble.

As an update, I just went for a drive and couldn't get the nanny to kick in so I think it worked :D like I said above though, I didn't have too much trouble with it originally

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
I tried on my obd11 and it only allowed me to put starting vibration reduction to normal...not deactivated.....

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Worldpacgti did you do this?

You still need to code your traction control if you have not done that yet.

This may be a prerequisite before being able to deactivate starting vibration? Try to PM Bawlti and pick his brains some?

Bawlti

Ready to race!
I did it pretty straight forward like I did all my other tweaks:
Brake 1 (03) > Adaptation > Starting vibration reduction > Deactivated

I know there was different ways to turn off ESC. Maybe it has something to do with this. Otherwise, maybe my DSG tune?

VWGTI

Ready to race!
Mine only shows normal, strong, and maximum. Help?