GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove Torque limiter Via Vag-Com (How To)

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
I'm gonna try a few different things to see if I can get it to work. I will report back. Question to the guys that have got it to deactivate....is you XDS set to strong? Mine is completely deactivated

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Escape Hatch, did it also give you the option to deactivate torque limiter as well?

Yes, it was already deactivated as stated by another member.

Chris@Revo USA1

Ready to race!
For those of us that can't completely disable, I can say that with the setting on normal, the nannies really don't kick in.....

This is a nanny that you won't notice getting in the way under most conditions. EDL/XDS is "silent" unless it is interfering so bad you get wheel hop. Most people have no clue when this is actually doing its job.

I set my car from normal to strong and could tell a positive difference in driving, but I don't launch the car and don't have problems with wheel hop.

There is no real issue with disabling personally I would limit it to the drag strip and leave it on the rest of the time as it will likely help more on then hurt in my opinion.

This has also been a known thing since at least 2014 http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?796-MkVII-Golf-XDS-Adaptation/

It's been posted here several times, shocked people were not paying attention as I thought this was sort of just a known thing and have mentioned it myself here as well in a few threads.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Every time I use more than 50% throttle in 1st or second with my pilot super sports, ESC coded off, they are kicking in. It is brutally annoying.

Zer0DazE

Ready to race!
Works fine on my 2015 S 6MT LP.

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
This is a nanny that you won't notice getting in the way under most conditions. EDL/XDS is "silent" unless it is interfering so bad you get wheel hop. Most people have no clue when this is actually doing its job.

I set my car from normal to strong and could tell a positive difference in driving, but I don't launch the car and don't have problems with wheel hop.

There is no real issue with disabling personally I would limit it to the drag strip and leave it on the rest of the time as it will likely help more on then hurt in my opinion.

This has also been a known thing since at least 2014 http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?796-MkVII-Golf-XDS-Adaptation/

It's been posted here several times, shocked people were not paying attention as I thought this was sort of just a known thing and have mentioned it myself here as well in a few threads.

Um, this thread has nothing to do with XDS. Do try to keep up.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I believe he was commenting on it because some people had it disabled and he was just starting that you should keep it on for most driving basically. I think that was the point and not trying to deter from the OP :)

Chris@Revo USA1

Ready to race!
Um, this thread has nothing to do with XDS. Do try to keep up.

Labeling a thread incorrectly doesn't magically make something not about what it really is about ;)

This setting was labeled as "Expanded electronic differential lock" on previous versions of VCDS, the label changed not what it does.

Chris@Revo USA1

Ready to race!
I believe he was commenting on it because some people had it disabled and he was just starting that you should keep it on for most driving basically. I think that was the point and not trying to deter from the OP :)

Yes the point was that most people don't know what they are actually disabling. Too many people just disable things without understanding them, apparently based on his post he reinforced my point and failed his attempt to troll me (0% success rate there..).

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Personally it is archaic technology if you are using ABS to counteract wheelspin. The ECU should modulate throttle not slap the throttle shut. I realize we are not running electric motors rather slow to react gasoline counterparts (where boost and delay is involved) but it really is a nanny for the inexperienced only. Really annoying when you constantly have to go easy on the throttle even with ESC off.

Chris@Revo USA1

Ready to race!
Personally it is archaic technology if you are using ABS to counteract wheelspin. The ECU should modulate throttle not slap the throttle shut. Really annoying when you constantly have to go easy on the throttle even with ESC off.

The new system is way better than what VW was using in the late 90s early 90s, the modules are much faster and the resolution is higher in many applications (more windows on the pickup wheels).

EDL way back in the day was terrible, now XDS is nearly invisible most of the time. It is sort of traction control but really it's function is as a diff. Killing throttle, which is what ASR does, reduces power to all the drive wheels which yes stops wheel spin but is not necessarily faster than what EDL/XDS can do which will allow the same higher level of power to go to the wheel that has the grip.

ESC is stability control, it really has nothing to do with traction for acceleration purposes. It is for keeping the car going were you pointed it.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for the info Chris, I think I am getting my acronyms mixed up.
XDS does in theory sound great, and I have mine on, but I am referring solely to traction control and its inability to be turned off completely, which this mod truly allows.