GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

the car is prompting me to change oil in 4700mi.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
oil change is by build date as well as by mileage. If your car was built 12 months ago, it will signal an oil change. 10k or 1 yr.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Looks like you've got 4,600 miles or nearly one year to go before your first oil change.

But otherwise, yes - it goes by build date.
My car, purchased in January indicated for me to bring it in just seven months later, in August for its first oil change.
Matter of fact, I'm bringing it in for its second service interval this Saturday - slightly ahead of time.

LlF

Passed Driver's Ed
is the car set to remind me one month in advance if it detects that im go8ng to reach the mileage interval or the one year mark?

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
is the car set to remind me one month in advance if it detects that im go8ng to reach the mileage interval or the one year mark?

My car started to notify me 30 days out for the one year mark. (both times)
I never reached the mileage interval, so I don't know about that one.

LlF

Passed Driver's Ed
Title say prompt, so does this screen come up by itself or are you accessing it yourself? Prompt means the car did it, not you.

Sorry for the misunderstanding; I was trying to check my mpg, usually that's what it will show up on the screen unless there was a message. Like the one I usually see is the windshield washer liquid running low or tire pressure low.

I also said there was nothing popping on the dashboard screen. maybe it was because the car was running. There is the same message when I turned off the car and the same msg is prompted at engine start too. https://i.imgur.com/6ycCDqU.jpg

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Sorry for the misunderstanding; I was trying to check my mpg, usually that's what it will show up on the screen unless there was a message. Like the one I usually see is the windshield washer liquid running low or tire pressure low.

I also said there was nothing popping on the dashboard screen. maybe it was because the car was running. There is the same message when I turned off the car and the same msg is prompted at engine start too. https://i.imgur.com/6ycCDqU.jpg

Interesting. I don't have enough miles to get any notifications yet.