GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

the car is prompting me to change oil in 4700mi.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Thanks but the problem is the reminder it self , I did the oil change and cleaned the counter for service but now i have the reminder showing on the dash for the next inspection in 23k km ...already tried to clean both values but it didnt fixed

I've checked the values for adaptations and longcoding changes, between yesterday and my last backup at the end of the summer , didnt notice any strange value .

Could this reminder be controlled by other module ? What module controls the vehicle status info?

I see 2 options here: or this reminder is controled by other module or the adaptation isnt presented on obdeleven
Are you using VCDS?

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
Check this video out and try to do the inspection counter reset (after the oil change reset). I am almost positive this would eliminate the reminder as that reminder must be based on the counter. I'm not sure why Danidasanic was not able to clear the reminder but he is also attempting to do things via OBDeleven. He may have altered something unintentionally which changed the default behavior of this reset.

Try it and let us know, now I'm curious.

ill try tomorrow and report back.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
it worked! im guessing the dealer sets this inspection reminder at X miles? im at 45k miles and first time seeing this.

Awesome! I think it comes set from the factory.

Danidasanic

Update: found the problem !

The problem was the changes that I made for the service inspection ... For some reason the notification was on for both services but I solved by changing the "fix" values for the old ones and reseting the service inspection on the trip button .