GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

the car is prompting me to change oil in 4700mi.

Danidasanic

Sorry for the misunderstanding; I was trying to check my mpg, usually that's what it will show up on the screen unless there was a message. Like the one I usually see is the windshield washer liquid running low or tire pressure low.

I also said there was nothing popping on the dashboard screen. maybe it was because the car was running. There is the same message when I turned off the car and the same msg is prompted at engine start too.

Did you solved this problem" ? I have the reminder allways on too , every time I turn on\off the ignition and on the vehicle status too...Already tried a few things with OBDeleven but it didn't work

(I know this was 4 years ago)

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Did you solved this problem" ? I have the reminder allways on too , every time I turn on\off the ignition and on the vehicle status too...Already tried a few things with OBDeleven but it didn't work

(I know this was 4 years ago)

Hotsky

Ready to race!
I dont pay attention to the milage oil change warrning. I live where we have real winters and change my oil every fall and spring (basically before and after winter). Not driving close to 10k miles between each oil changes esp lately but found that to be simple and effective way to maintain my vehicles.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Can't you only reset it after the "change oil due" message pops up? I don't think you can reset the oil change due in x number of miles.

Hmm, good question - honestly not sure :(

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hmm, good question - honestly not sure :(

I haven't been able to get rid of the oil change due in x number of miles only when it says oil change due.
It's a PITA to see that message for over 4000 miles. Why VW felt the need to put that message up with so many miles to go I don't understand.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
I haven't been able to get rid of the oil change due in x number of miles only when it says oil change due.
It's a PITA to see that message for over 4000 miles. Why VW felt the need to put that message up with so many miles to go I don't understand.

This video seems to indicate that this method actually resets the counters that trigger the reminders (it shows how to reset the inspection counter as well). I would think this means that regardless of when you perform the reset (service in X miles or service now), the counters are actually reset and all reminders are cleared/reset as a result.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
This video seems to indicate that this method actually resets the counters that trigger the reminders (it shows how to reset the inspection counter as well). I would think this means that regardless of when you perform the reset (service in X miles or service now), the counters are actually reset and all reminders are cleared/reset as a result.

I'll try it again. The message I'm talking about shows up in the MFD (multi function display) between the speedometer and tach. It starts popping up over 4000 miles away from when the actual oil change due message pops up every time you start the engine which for me is multiple times per day.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
The counter is set for one year. During the cars final prep for sale to consumer, it is supposed to be zeroed out. Many dealers jack that up, and you are called to do a change 2mo after purchase.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The counter is set for one year. During the cars final prep for sale to consumer, it is supposed to be zeroed out. Many dealers jack that up, and you are called to do a change 2mo after purchase.

Mine is set on the recommended oil change interval of every 10,000 miles which I ignore since I change oil every 4000 miles.

Danidasanic

Can't you only reset it after the "change oil due" message pops up? I don't think you can reset the oil change due in x number of miles.

Thanks but the problem is the reminder it self , I did the oil change and cleaned the counter for service but now i have the reminder showing on the dash for the next inspection in 23k km ...already tried to clean both values but it didnt fixed

I've checked the values for adaptations and longcoding changes, between yesterday and my last backup at the end of the summer , didnt notice any strange value .

Could this reminder be controlled by other module ? What module controls the vehicle status info?

I see 2 options here: or this reminder is controled by other module or the adaptation isnt presented on obdeleven

Last edited:

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
I've gotten that oil change reminder but this time mine says "inspection due in..." car has about 43k miles

Check this video out and try to do the inspection counter reset (after the oil change reset). I am almost positive this would eliminate the reminder as that reminder must be based on the counter. I'm not sure why Danidasanic was not able to clear the reminder but he is also attempting to do things via OBDeleven. He may have altered something unintentionally which changed the default behavior of this reset.

Try it and let us know, now I'm curious.