GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Motorsport JB1 MAP 6 - User Settings List and Discussion

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
The cts turbo discharge pipe also rubs the stock box.....and the battery tray.....almost regret the purchase but like someone said earlier, it is a total pita to install....did give some gains though

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
I do not want to derail the convo away from JB1, but my Neuspeed pipe has crap build quality which they refuse to recognize. So it rubs on the stock airbox. It was probably more of a pain to install then, compared to now, as I was new to car. For example, based on Neuspeed's directions, I did not remove the battery which would have made it a lot easier.

Rubs on the stock air-box. Plus...there appears to be no weld on that one bracket. Like they started welding and then decided it was lunch, or the power went out or something.

I hope they let you return it. That's very poor.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I think they're going with boost leak but based on the RPMs jumping that wouldn't cause that. You def have some weird stuff going on so I hope George can help you pinpoint the issue!

I doubt your clutch packs are slipping, but maybe you need. DSG fluid top off at the dealer?

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Not to derail the thread, but based on those logs and the theory of DSG clutch slip, I'm curious if there is a way to log that in VCDS somehow?

I would agree to log again on map 0 to see if it happens there too.

B95zP

Ready to race!
Rubs on the stock air-box. Plus...there appears to be no weld on that one bracket. Like they started welding and then decided it was lunch, or the power went out or something.

I hope they let you return it. That's very poor.

They approved a return, but did not offer a replacement and stated in an email to me, "The pipe and bracket fit in a jig then welded, there will be no variations." I would love a replacement, but after seeing that same pic told me there would be no variations.

Not to derail the thread, but based on those logs and the theory of DSG clutch slip, I'm curious if there is a way to log that in VCDS somehow?

I would agree to log again on map 0 to see if it happens there too.

Yea, I am really curious now if it persists on Map 0. Testing on the drive home.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
They approved a return, but did not offer a replacement and stated in an email to me, "The pipe and bracket fit in a jig then welded, there will be no variations." I would love a replacement, but after seeing that same pic told me there would be no variations.

Good that they are allowing a return. But I guess that would kill nuespeed for me. Terse and unapologetic response to a crap looking part. A part that's expensive to boot.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I took my Neuspeed kit off because the fitment was garbage when mated to my aftermarket intercooler.

No real gains for the money spent, maybe with a bigger turbocharger it would be ok.

B95zP

Ready to race!
I took my Neuspeed kit off because the fitment was garbage when mated to my aftermarket intercooler.

No real gains for the money spent, maybe with a bigger turbocharger it would be ok.

Fitment...ha! I am not sure how much of it is snake oil vs actual gains, happily it was a lot cheaper when I bought it. To derail the thread even more how do you like the 42DD catback? At the moment I am leaning towards getting that exhaust for my car.

B95zP

Ready to race!
Map 0 was nice and smooth.

Few shifts on this run.

Second acceleration, right hand of the chart is after a taking a left turn lead to an open stretch of road.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
hrm I would hate to think my 7500 mile DSG is already slipping! Good idea on Map 0, will try that today.

Switch to map 1 and go 4.6 boost safety and 25 open loop and try grab a log.
The rpm cannot jump like that and it looks like a logging glitch or bad seating of the camshaft plug. We have seen this and are working on relocating the signal to plug C removing that plug all together.
The clutches on the GTI are solid so I would not have a concern for that.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Fitment...ha! I am not sure how much of it is snake oil vs actual gains, happily it was a lot cheaper when I bought it. To derail the thread even more how do you like the 42DD catback? At the moment I am leaning towards getting that exhaust for my car.

Get the non-resonated, my only complaint is that its too quiet.

geebob

Ready to race!
The rpm cannot jump like that and it looks like a logging glitch or bad seating of the camshaft plug. We have seen this and are working on relocating the signal to plug C removing that plug all together.
Isn't "C" the one we can connect back to stock (with everything else still connected) and drive normally? If the unit had issues on the road ...

nwmark

George I'm seeing similar rpm 'bumps' and its nothing you can feel or see on the rev counter - as you can see the rest of the graph is good so I'm going for a logging glitch :) (but ill double check my plug C too)

Audi S3 DSG (UK - 99RON Shell VPower - Map 1 5.4 - Loop 40 - no other mods)

Attachments

• 072316_1218.jpg
    072316_1218.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 747

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Isn't "C" the one we can connect back to stock (with everything else still connected) and drive normally? If the unit had issues on the road ...

That is plug B.
What I was trying to say and it came out in Greek is we moving the signal that plug A receives to plug C.
If anyone with wonky rpm on their logs and has some wiring experience give me a shout, its very easy to do.