GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Motorsport JB1 MAP 6 - User Settings List and Discussion

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
It should also be known that fuel pressure could need to be adjusted based on logged fuel trims, my car has an overactive HPFP so I am running FOL 25 on my JB1.

I probably could get away with lower based on my logs, but 25 seems to be ok for now.

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
It should also be known that fuel pressure could need to be adjusted based on logged fuel trims, my car has an overactive HPFP so I am running FOL 25 on my JB1.

I probably could get away with lower based on my logs, but 25 seems to be ok for now.

Great point! I had been meaning to say this before but forgot. I did the same thing.... set my Fuel Open Loop to 25 from its original setting of 40. I use a wireless OBD2 adapter (GoPoint BT1) with the Dash Command app to log / observe fuel trims and other parameters. My short term fuel trims (STFT) were close to maxing out before I changed the FOL to 25. It didnt throw a code or anything, but it was probably pretty close to being too rich at the 40 setting.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Can you guys go into more detail as to what you are looking for when you log fuel trims? Thanks!

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
Can you guys go into more detail as to what you are looking for when you log fuel trims? Thanks!

Its pretty simple....you just want the value to be close to zero as possible. If youre too rich, the ECU will compensate with a negative fuel trim to lean things out and if youre running too lean, it will compensate with a positive fuel trim to richen the mixture. So having your fuel trims closest to zero is ideal. From what I understand anywhere between -5 to +5 is good for short term and your long term should be even closer to zero .

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Its pretty simple....you just want the value to be close to zero as possible. If youre too rich, the ECU will compensate with a negative fuel trim to lean things out and if youre running too lean, it will compensate with a positive fuel trim to richen the mixture. So having your fuel trims closest to zero is ideal. From what I understand anywhere between -5 to +5 is good for short term and your long term should be even closer to zero .

Awesome thanks! I'll see where mine are at. Any idea how long the long term trims take into account? I might use map 0 and let everything "reset" to see what the stock value is.

Lagger1

Ready to race!

Yea and per George, believe the FOL 40 is aimed at 4th gear full load. Not all or us are doing 100+mph passes so 3rd gear pull might have less load and you want to be close to Zero or Neg- trims, not positive. Have the ECU adapt for those conditions.

KCchiefin

Ready to race!

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Just did some more driving with the lower MAP 6 settings, definitely felt a bit slower but then I looked down and was doing 100.

Still got massive timing pull from 3k to 5k, guess I'll always have it until I get a flash.

skian

Ready to race!
Just did some more driving with the lower MAP 6 settings, definitely felt a bit slower but then I looked down and was doing 100.

Still got massive timing pull from 3k to 5k, guess I'll always have it until I get a flash.
How much pull are you seeing? Is that with vcds or the p3?