GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Motorsport JB1 MAP 6 - User Settings List and Discussion

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks!

I thought boost safety is only for map 1&2.

Up to +6 psi is because of my high octane fuel and the dual injection of my row GTI?

Is it possible to have the JB4 only doing its work in the higher revs?

Like this:
1500 0
2000 0
2500 0
3000 0
3500 0
4000 0
4500 2
5000 4
5500 6
6000 6
6500 6
7000 5

Only if it possible...

That can work, you might need to make 5500 5 if it feels abrupt in termso of boost onset.

Typically with a manual you want to avoid loading the car on the freeway in a high gear with low rpm (below 3500rpm). The turbo spools much faster and gets to max torque sooner and with extra wind resistance and the high gear to pull through the clutch take the most strain.

CHHA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Octavia RS
Thank you Diggs24 and George! Will try it

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I recently started getting some detonation under boost. No change in the map in the past year and had no issues up until a month or two ago. I had to turn it to map 0 for safety. Short of turning it up slightly with a custom map, what are my options here? I think it has to do with the heat, but previously I never had detonation even when hot - just had some issues with sluggishness and power loss from heat soak.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I recently started getting some detonation under boost. No change in the map in the past year and had no issues up until a month or two ago. I had to turn it to map 0 for safety. Short of turning it up slightly with a custom map, what are my options here? I think it has to do with the heat, but previously I never had detonation even when hot - just had some issues with sluggishness and power loss from heat soak.

Might be heat related or a bad tank of fuel but typically you wont hear the car detonate if it does as the ECU pulls the timing to fast so you might be hearing something else.
Try use something conservative like 4.0 boost safety in map 1 and see if you still get the sound.
Other things that typically affect timing is plugs that are worn.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Might be heat related or a bad tank of fuel but typically you wont hear the car detonate if it does as the ECU pulls the timing to fast so you might be hearing something else.
Try use something conservative like 4.0 boost safety in map 1 and see if you still get the sound.
Other things that typically affect timing is plugs that are worn.

I would only hear 1 or 2 "clicks" that matched the sound of detonation that I heard in videos and then I would either let off the throttle or it would stop on its own. I will check my plugs as well, that makes sense as to why it never happened previously but got worse over time

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
Its Thread Revival Time

Just installed a JB1 on my 2019 GLI

I haven't gotten set up to do logs yet (I will of course) but Im getting a big hesitation in acceleration around 3 to 3500 rpm. Im running Map1 as shipped (+4.8)

I'm at high elevation (6000ft) and 91 octane.

For a quick fix, would you guys recommend lowering the boost safety in map1 or just lower the boost values in map 6? Until I can get logs done, I just want to lower the boost to not have what I assume is a big timing reduction. Thanks

Last edited:

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Its Thread Revival Time

I haven't gotten set up to do logs yet (I will of course) but Im getting a bid hesitation in acceleration around 3 to 3500 rpm. Im running Map1 as shipped (+4.8)

For a quick fix, would you guys recommend lowering the boost safety in map1 or just lower the boost values in map 6? Until I can get logs done, I just want to lower the boost to not have what I assume is a big timing reduction. Thanks

I didn’t know anyone was even buying the jb1 anymore

rhiza8

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 R GPF 2019
Couple things. New tank of gas yesterday, now i have negative timing in all gears under 3000rpm. Reducing map 1 to 3.0 now shows virtually no correction in 2nd or 3rd. graphs included.

Why is my timing negative though? Even on Map 0.
Yellow/green graph is Map 0
Green only graph is map 1 at 3.0 in 2nd gear, two pulls
Green and red graph is map 1 at 3.0 in 3rd gear.

@wy2sl0 hello. Which app do you use to graph timing as I can see in your post?

AWDWAGON

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Just switched to MAP6, after almost 3 years of MAP1.

It was preloaded with the following:

Boost safety @ 4.8

Are these good numbers?, or switch to the following as posted by others:

Car is stock, no engine mods.
Thanks!

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
Its Thread Revival Time

I haven't gotten set up to do logs yet (I will of course) but Im getting a big hesitation in acceleration around 3 to 3500 rpm. Im running Map1 as shipped (+4.8)

Did you ever figure what the issue was ? Seems like 2019 up have weird hesitation in that area. I also came across this thread as I currently deciding if I should try out the JB1 before APR plus:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/apr-plus-on-2019-gti-s-6mt-review-thoughts.365352/