GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Don't worry, we're going to meet up once my clutch is working and I'll make sure he misses the power of the GTI ;) Going to run with the OTS IS38 Maestro file and a custom tune to compare

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Hahaha I know it's out of date ��

Always keep the GoPro in the car.. never know when the opportunity to get a good video

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Don't worry, we're going to meet up once my clutch is working and I'll make sure he misses the power of the GTI ;) Going to run with the OTS IS38 Maestro file and a custom tune to compare

Off launch :D
and
roll

then.... when MHD releases the back-end flash for the B58 engine + meth..... re-match :cool:

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, but that sound.....

I know.... the B58 engine reminds me of a little V8 it's probably one of the best sounding BMW engines on the market right now.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Ok - once again I have a Maestro FNG question. Wanting to set launch control. Everyone keeps saying you need to flash the new loader file, then load stage 3 DSG, then load tune file.

1. Is the "Loader file" the adjustable tune file (in my case it's my code_002.efu or something like that)found when choosing to download and update my ECU in the flasher?

2. How long has the loader file for the new stage 3 DSG tune been out? I just got Maestro 2 weeks ago, and my last loaded file is the same as what is now available. Or do I need to request the current loader file?

3. In my tune, I set it to 2, fuel cut. I tried the process above to set launch rpm, but didn't work. I had it in park. Should it be neutral?

I'm a fool in search of wisdom....

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Ok - once again I have a Maestro FNG question. Wanting to set launch control. Everyone keeps saying you need to flash the new loader file, then load stage 3 DSG, then load tune file.

1. Is the "Loader file" the adjustable tune file (in my case it's my code_002.efu or something like that)found when choosing to download and update my ECU in the flasher?

2. How long has the loader file for the new stage 3 DSG tune been out? I just got Maestro 2 weeks ago, and my last loaded file is the same as what is now available. Or do I need to request the current loader file?

3. In my tune, I set it to 2, fuel cut. I tried the process above to set launch rpm, but didn't work. I had it in park. Should it be neutral?

I'm a fool in search of wisdom....

so first off you don’t need the stg3 to activate the new LC. i am stg2 dsg and it works.
you have to do the loader file which will take awhile. i cant answer questions on those files because i don’t remember what i did and i am shit with computers

going into neutral is for manual cars. dsg requires you going into park

MadMen

Ready to race!
go into park not neutral if you dsg

Yep, that's what I tried. I get no blinking CEL, and launch control doesn't work at all. It revs all the way past 6k when trying to launch, and if I just try launching at 3500, it just bangs into gear basically, and drops all the way back down to normal RPM.

Crap :/

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
so first off you don’t need the stg3 to activate the new LC. i am stg2 dsg and it works.
you have to do the loader file which will take awhile. i cant answer questions on those files because i don’t remember what i did and i am shit with computers

going into neutral is for manual cars. dsg requires you going into park

The stage 3 gets rid of launch control in the TCU tune. If you are stage 2 TCU you won't be able to launch higher than the stage 2 TCU tune RPM limit.

MadMen

Ready to race!
The stage 3 gets rid of launch control in the TCU tune. If you are stage 2 TCU you won't be able to launch higher than the stage 2 TCU tune RPM limit.

So how do I get launch control with stage 3 TCU? Do I disable launch control in the ECU tune? I'm confused. I guess if I go back to stage 1 TCU I'll be fine again.

MadMen

Ready to race!
I think I figured it out. When you click the "show Maestro files" on the flasher, it shows just the parent directory with a minus symbol next to it, which usually means the folder is expanded. So I assumed there were no files there. But low and behold, click on it and it expands and shows the loader files. Duh.

Flashing now, so we'll see if it does the trick...

MadMen

Ready to race!
I'm able to set my RPM limit now. So got that working. But launching is horrible now. Get a hard bang as soon as I let off the brake, then a delay. At this point, I much prefer the stock launch control. Now to figure out how to get back to that :/