GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Take this as you will, but I emailed Chris about that yesterday. He said "we may very well have something for you soon". I'm not sure if this is something that he's said before, but I'm hoping it's some indication that it's not far off.

YYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS [emoji1373][emoji1373][emoji1373] Now that you DSG pansies aren’t bitching nonstop he can get back to focusing on the important things!! [emoji13][emoji13] (I’m joking of course, don’t take me too seriously)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
That’s awesome, how do you like Fuel-It and did you do the kit with the fuel lines? What else did you consider?

Yeah it came with the fuel lines. It’s way overpriced for what it is but it is nice and convenient. I had another buddy do the other one that comes with a gauge and it likes it as well, but I did t want another gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petempop

Passed Driver's Ed
All,

Are there any other Maestro tables that need modification for e85 besides "Ethanol content of ethanol fuel" and "% of alternative fuel in the tank"?

Changing those only affects short term fuel trim or are there any others?

Travis9935

Ready to race!
What are the differences between the Stage 1 and Stage 2 DSG flashes?
Stage 1 is less Agressive than the high strung stage 2. Stage 2 is always in the sweet spot. Mine hunted gears at 35... 4th gear to 3rd gear.. Back and forth. When I manually hit the paddles to shift to 4th it would just go back. (cruise at 35) It was way to Agressive for my style city driving. Fun otherwise! Just not for daily use.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
My stage 2 today was much better but still it goes from 3 to 4 more than I’d like in the city. I will go back tonstage 1.

Are the differences between stage 1 and stage 2 just shift logic, or does stage 2 offer more clamping power than stage 1? I’ve been searching and no info anywhere. On Eurodyne’s own website they say they are still working on their stage 2 DSG Tune. Just wanna make sure I get the best one. I’m running IS38 with HPFP and e50, wanna make sure it doesn’t slip under WOT.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
No problems with Stage 2. Drives like a normal car. Goes up small grades at 30+ without downshifting. Click to watch video.

[/url]IMG_2189 by Diggs24, on Flickr[/IMG]

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
OMG stop lugging that poor baby!

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Stage 2 has always been meant for big Turbo (over 400whp). Also said it's not for is20's or is38's. He's stated that very clearly to me a few times via email. I was just curious about it. So I ran it for a few weeks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Stage 2 DSG tune also revs out to 7k which is good for big turbos but not really useful with is20/is38. Drivability with mine has been solid in auto S/D and full manual. Only complaint now (and its being fixed) is that the rev limit with Launch Control is still 6500rpm as I found out when I saw it short shifting through every gear at the track. I spoke with ED and the LC map is being adjusted.

Last edited:

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
Are the differences between stage 1 and stage 2 just shift logic, or does stage 2 offer more clamping power than stage 1? I’ve been searching and no info anywhere. On Eurodyne’s own website they say they are still working on their stage 2 DSG Tune. Just wanna make sure I get the best one. I’m running IS38 with HPFP and e50, wanna make sure it doesn’t slip under WOT.

It’s more than shift logic. It’s clamping pressure and redline. I would run Stage 1 for the is38.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
It’s more than shift logic. It’s clamping pressure and redline. I would run Stage 1 for the is38.

I’m running IS38 plus HPFP on E50, haven’t dynoed yet, but I’m close to 400 ft/lb so I was thinking stage 2 would hold more and would be better. Just concerned about drivability, but I keep it in manual mode 95% of the time.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!

Does your stage one tune hold the power on your GPop IS38? How much torque are you putting down?