GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wheel lock bolt

Z27

Ready to race!
I use the OEM one.

terp_man

Passed Driver's Ed
Question. Anyone know what size wheel lock I need for a 18x8.5 et35 conical lugs/nuts? I'm running VMR v710s, and I feel like I'm the only one who didn't use VW stock lugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Question. Anyone know what size wheel lock I need for a 18x8.5 et35 conical lugs/nuts? I'm running VMR v710s, and I feel like I'm the only one who didn't use VW stock lugs.

Unless something has changed with VMR, their wheels are designed to use OEM lug bolts for VW and Mercedes fitments unless you requested conical lug bolts. Unless your wheels were made for conical bolts, you should be using the OEM ball seat style bolts. You should check that out for your safety.

terp_man

Passed Driver's Ed
These rims came of an Audi S4. I'm using the same bolts that we're provided with the rims.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
These rims came of an Audi S4. I'm using the same bolts that we're provided with the rims.

An S4 would use the same spec lug bolt as a factory VW wheel, ball seat 14mm x 1.50 thread size, ~27mm threaded length below the seat. Do you know that you need a conical seat bolt?

terp_man

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay so I'll try and say this plainly. The wheels came with lugs and conical nuts. I need to purchase conical wheel locks. I'm trying to determine what size I need.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Okay so I'll try and say this plainly. The wheels came with lugs and conical nuts. I need to purchase conical wheel locks. I'm trying to determine what size I need.

I'm trying to help but you're ignoring what I'm saying. Let ME say it plainly, again:

Unless your VMR wheels were special ordered or modified with conical seats in the wheels, they would use the OEM "ball seat" lug bolts found on Audi and VW vehicles. That spec is 14mm x 1.50 thread, ball seat, ~27mm threaded length below the seat.

If you wheels have been modified or built by VMR to use a conical seat lug bolt, good for you. I'd guess the specs on the bolt stay the same as far as length, so you'd order a 14mm x 1.50 thread, cone seat, ~27mm threaded length lock.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by the wheel came with "lugs and conical nuts". Do you mean you also got a lug bolt "stud conversion"?

I'm having to assume you confirmed that you NEED conical seat lug bolts by looking at the wheels and not just trusting the bolts that came with it are correct, because 99% of VMR wheels are NOT conical seat. Using conical seat lug bolts on a ball seat is incorrect and dangerous as you're not contacting enough of the wheel seat to retain torque, and your wheels can come off.

Just do yourself a big favor and check, or if you're not sure have your mechanic or qualified shop check for you. I'm not being difficult for fun, I'm asking you to check that your car is safe.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

The wheels came from VMR with the conical lugs?

If you bought them used, that could be the problem here...the previous owner may have used the wrong lugs and therefore damaged the wheels, because they're typically ball seat with VMR's

But, as already said, you'd want a 27mm-30mm length wheel lock