GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show Us Your Intake!

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

Something funny just happened, I had a voicemail from S&B and when I called back it turns out that I had to pay for shipping but their website didn’t ask me to pay or charged me for it , it did show an option for 2 day UPS or overnight but it didn’t show a price for UPS ground so I assumed that it was free, well it is not free :). I don’t mind paying it but just a warning to others that ordered during the weekend, their website had mistake on the shipping tab thingy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
How much was the shipping?

Sorry I forgot to mention that, I believe that it was like 12 or 13 bucks from CA to NY , not bad to be honest
Just checked my CC shipping is $12.00 to NYC

Last edited:

Zx2man

Ready to race!
I concur. They called me up too. 12.00 shipping UPS ground. Thought it was free to. Fuck!
Lol oh well

HeliDriver

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd go with the S&B over any open air intake solely because it's got the benefits of a conical filter in a sealed box.
-You get cold air instead of hot
-You get high pressure from the the front of the car.
The engine bay is a low pressure area with hot air... both bad for intake :rolleyes:

Aphex13

Passed Driver's Ed
I got my S&B Intake installed today. It was all fairly painless.

I haven't driven it yet, but I'm not expecting much of a difference. I'll update here tomorrow if there's anything worth mentioning.

I have a couple of things to note about the install though...

Lube your grommets. You'll thank me later.

I had my JB4 shoved between my battery and my stock airbox. There's not even close to enough room there with the S&B intake. I moved it below the S&B intake and zip-tied it in place using the same hole they suggest you use to secure the starter cable. You're probably going to have trouble with fitment if you're running anything larger than a stock battery though.

The intake fits with the euro-lower-engine-cover thing. It makes slight contact, but I'm not too worried about it.

The vacuum line seems to be stretched a bit. I may buy a longer piece to replace the stock one with later on.

There's not too much room between the DV and the piping for the intake. I'm not sure if it will work for those who are running anything other than stock parts there.

It presses against your windshield washer fluid cap slightly, but not a big deal.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with fit and finish, and really can't find anything to complain about. Everything seems solid so far.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Looks great[emoji106]

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for the feedback. I think it would be great for you to get your hands on an intake to see the quality of the product! We use a nylon plastic vacuum fitting and don't have a concern with the durability of the material. Yes, there is a hose clamp added to the SAI filter for added security.

I'll have my hands on it shortly.

caymancarter

What’s the average lifespan of the dry filter? Thanks

15,000-30,000 miles for the dry filter depending on conditions. It is a synthetic material that has a high efficiency. It can be blown out with compressed air to extend filter life. While we could also market our filter as washable, filters generally lose efficiency after they are washed out.