GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show Us Your Intake!

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
15,000-30,000 miles for the dry filter depending on conditions. It is a synthetic material that has a high efficiency. It can be blown out with compressed air to extend filter life. While we could also market our filter as washable, filters generally lose efficiency after they are washed out.

Great, thank you, I should receive mine tomorrow and probably will install it on Saturday or Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Ok so I finished installing the intake and I really like the way it looks and I feels very solid as well.

Unlike the previous poster(Aphex13) I did not have to lube the grommets, they went in fine but yours may be different, the vacuum hose is not stretched in my case but I made sure to take note of routing it correctly taking into account the previous poster’s note about it, I was able to shove my JB4 between the intake and the battery,I never had it secured in the first place so I’m doing the same now, it’s just there :).
My Secondary filter fits perfectly except that I need to adjust it a bit more on the outside because of the adapter being a bit longer it’s a bit crooked but I’ll correct that by pulling the hose up a bit more later on, and the windshield washer cap does in fact presses against the box a bit, no biggie. Pretty happy overall
Love the design and materials used.
My engine bay is not as neat as the previous poster sorry

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
looks good, should get mine delivered on wednesday. bought it through amazon, it was not eligible for prime shipping, but sill got free UPS ground shiping. Just a FYI since some people were saying they got charge for shipping when buying it directly from S&B (not that $12.00 is really a big deal anyways).

Zx2man

Ready to race!
For the fellas who have the S&B intake, were you able to “click” lock you sai into the supplied aluminum afapter?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
For the fellas who have the S&B intake, were you able to “click” lock you sai into the supplied aluminum afapter?

Mine went in without issues snug and secured by the clamp. What is the issue that you’re having? Can’t remember if it clicked when it went on but it does feel secured

Last edited:

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Meh.. I dont know. The adapter is in correctly. But when iI try to put the sai on, the plastic ring is too big and it does exactly snap in or feel very secure. So i just taped it up. Call it a day.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Meh.. I dont know. The adapter is in correctly. But when iI try to put the sai on, the plastic ring is too big and it does exactly snap in or feel very secure. So i just taped it up. Call it a day.

Lol I’ll check this afternoon and maybe upload a pic

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Received mine and it won’t fit at all...

My battery is all way to the back and even with removing the positive cable, the back of the intake box touches the battery, leaving me no room whatsoever to run the cable, and causing the prongs not to align with the box.
On my first try to fit the intake box, 2 of the rubber prongs on the battery tray broke right off.

So I’m gonna have to contact S&B to see what they can do to help me.
I’m already gonna have to buy a new battery tray.
I’m thinking the intake box is off and needs to be replaced.

Sucks

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

My battery is all way to the back and even with removing the positive cable, the back of the intake box touches the battery, leaving me no room whatsoever to run the cable, and causing the prongs not to align with the box.
On my first try to fit the intake box, 2 of the rubber prongs on the battery tray broke right off.

Sucks

Damn that does suck. Not too surprised though, that intake looks massive.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

Sucks

Wow, sorry to hear that, I’m assuming that you have the stock battery, mine went in without issues With enough room to keep my JB4 in place, that’s very strange

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

Here it is

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Wow, sorry to hear that, I’m assuming that you have the stock battery, mine went in without issues With enough room to keep my JB4 in place, that’s very strange

Yep stock battery...you actually got a lot of space there, I can’t even fit my positive cable.
The previous poster was stating he could not fit his JB4 so my guess it’s a manufacturing issue with the intake box, they are obviously not all built exactly to the same dimensions.

I emailed S&B and will report back on how their customer service handles my case.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
The previous poster was stating he could not fit his JB4 so my guess it’s a manufacturing issue with the intake box, they are obviously not all built exactly to the same dimensions.

That’s what I’m thinking, maybe the same reason why he needed to lube the grommets, mine went in super smooth