GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Here it is...VW Golf R MK7 Revealed!

DW58

Go Kart Champion
SOOO EXCITED.

I have time to get money and stuff in order. Im thinking 2015 november or 2016 january it will come out.

Woo hoo!!

I already knew all the technical data from the S3 which is it's twin.

I want more pics!!! :cool:

But are you still obsessed with the theory that it's going to be built in Mexico?

I'm pretty certain they'll build all of the "Rs" in Germany as production is relatively low I doubt they'd set up a second production line.

GTIpowerr

Ready to race!
I have more pics, but how do i post pics with my phone or pc lol?
Btw i dont like the new 7 R, 2 exhaust pipes in the middle of the rearbumper is nicer then quadpipes, and the front?? Dont like it at all its not aggressive as the mk6.
Maybe it will grow on me but i dont know...
When the mk7 GTI was released i liked it so much, but seriously dont like the new R20 maybe till i see it in person.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
295 Hp is competitive! Plus, front and rear electronically controlled locking diffs :eek:

Anything said about the weight? Also, here's to hoping they permit fully defeating the electronic stability controls (without Vag-com that is). I want to see Chris Harris fly through a 100m sweeper attitude locked at 89 degrees :D

hmmm don't get too excited, I'm afraid there isn't an actual electronically controlled locking diff in neither the front or rear!!
it just has an open diff with an XDS+ (which makes some tricks playing with the brakes rather than transfer torque to either sides of the car)

the fact that it's built on MQB platform means it's lighter but I don't know any official numbers.

Stability control is Fully defeatable with a press of a button<<that is official from the press release ;)

Last edited:

Vancity2Constantinople

2.Sloooo n loww
Car(s)
2010 Golf 2.5L Sport
But are you still obsessed with the theory that it's going to be built in Mexico?

I'm pretty certain they'll build all of the "Rs" in Germany as production is relatively low I doubt they'd set up a second production line.

have you seen the plant in mexico?

VW is not looking to cost cut for the R anymore. They want to push it out like an S line for the future. And create an RS line. you'll see.

the mk6 jetta was made in mexico. it's more reliable than my german made golf.

It's all machines, only the windows are put in by mexican workers.

I want it to be made in mexico so I don't have to fucking pay close to 6$K for freight..

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Hideous wheels :(

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
it's just a bad joke.. MK6 R forever!
VW forget rules , sports cars do not use chrome parts .

This is not the tacky glossy chrome, these look like Audi RS mirrors. And they look good IMO

Essjay

Ready to race!
Looks nice in Pacific Blue ;)

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
It's missing something. :confused:

So once again as in the MK6 - but even more so this time, the GTI comes off as the more agressive looking car.