GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Here it is...VW Golf R MK7 Revealed!

DW58

Go Kart Champion
It's missing something. :confused:

Agreed - it needs me in the driver's seat :cool:

Oh, and some nicer wheels - those are horrible. I loved the Mk.6 "R" wheels.

Tyrant2

Passed Driver's Ed
you know what, i thought that once the R info and pics were released i would run to the dealer to trade in the GTI and book mine...
just not getting that feeling :S, i like the R alot don't get me wrong but but if i had to run to the dealer i'd rather go with the S3

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Wow, those wheels are horrible. Would it kill VW to release an R with some nice BBS wheels. Still going to get one, but those wheels will be gone as soon as its in my driveway.

Also same drivetrain as S3... but Audi claims 4.7 to 60 with DSG? Does VW not want to step on Audi's toes wi the press release?

Vancity2Constantinople

2.Sloooo n loww
Car(s)
2010 Golf 2.5L Sport
those wheels actually look good for once..

not sure wtf you guys are smoking..

khalil_y

I love it, Hopefuly it stomps allover the Ford Focus ST. I cant wait to see how it performs against the EVO and STI.

DW58

Go Kart Champion

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
I personally love how sharp the wheels look

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
I love it, Hopefuly it stomps allover the Ford Focus ST. I cant wait to see how it performs against the EVO and STI.

I cant remember which magazine did the comparo, but the GTI(not performance pack) beat the ST 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile with better trap speed.

R vs STI vs Evo would be interesting

FRVRNGN

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks wise it doesn't really do much for me......but I guess thats the idea....not over the top. It will be interesting to read comparisons between a GTI with PP and the R as performance figures are not that far apart.....see if the jump in price is justified.

Ken
GTI PP is 230hp, R is 296. What on earth do you mean "not that far apart"? Even with ~200 extra lbs for awd, 70hp is a significant advantage over the GTI.

Perhaps I am misinterpreting you?

Thermallator

B o o o o r i n g. Sums it up nicely.

the numbers are there - the presentation is seriously lacking. At close to $40K in the USA - there are plenty of nicer cars that will whup it's ugly station wagon butt.

When I bought my e46M3 in '06 I was told the E90 would grow on me. It's as ugly today as it ever was - maybe uglier. I learned that if the car looks ugly on day one - it only get's worse with time.

The new Mk7R is just bland. The final straw for me - fake indents in the front bumper. R I C E!

MK6 = keeper. Moving on to another manufacturer and/or model after I get tired of my current ride.

Maybe revisit the R in 5 years time.

-TH