GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Order tracking during "maintenance"

dickt

Ready to race!
The Times to-day reports that 28,000 VWs were impacted by the Hailstones in August.
That's 28,000 cars that required detailed inspection in August when the factory was shut, and lots needed remedial action.
No wonder August, September and October deliveries are being delayed.
Check your paintwork when they finally arrive!!!

dadu

Ready to race!
Finally, I'm schedueld for delivery next week... 3,5 months of waiting.

Skinnee D

Passed Driver's Ed
Just spotted the same change for mine online today - also BW37. Hoping for a better job than a certain premium German manufacturer managed recently with someone's factory order that made it to the dealer with door mirrors in two completely different colours...:confused:
Just shifted to "transit" after three days at "build"...:)

Dazza78

Ready to race!
My build week has just shifted forward 10 days (although unconfirmed still)

[FONT=&quot]Vehicle Description[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Volkswagen Golf 2.0TDi GTD 184ps 3 Dr Hatch DSG - Deep Black[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Registration Number[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TBC[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Build Status[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Unconfirmed Build Week[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Build Week[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14 October 2013[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Due in Stock[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8 November 2013[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Delivery Date[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TBC[/FONT]

Gerry

Ready to race!
I'm also Build Week 37....I shan't contact the Dealer even though I'm forever dreaming about my newbie.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I'm getting pretty fed-up of the lack of progress on the tracker, I'm now well within the four-week period leading up to my supposed build week (42) yet it's still showing as "With the Factory" as it has been for around for the best part of eight weeks :mad:

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I was still BW 42 as of yesterday - here's hoping for some progress tomorrow.

The dealer himself expressed considerable dissatisfaction with and embarrassment about Volkswagen UK - they've lost several orders in recent weeks owing to customers being fed-up with slipping build weeks etc., mostly in the GT/GTD/GTI models.

To he honest, we it not for the fact the I want my Golf, I'm not interested in anything else, I'd be threatening to cancel, but I guess I'm going to have to grin and bear it, but I'm still not happy about it.

js28

I'm getting pretty fed-up of the lack of progress on the tracker, I'm now well within the four-week period leading up to my supposed build week (42) yet it's still showing as "With the Factory" as it has been for around for the best part of eight weeks :mad:

Same with me pretty much apart from the last I heard, which was about a month ago, my build week was meant to be BW39.

Haven't spoke to the dealer since as I'm sure it will just frustrate me more. Decided to just wait it out and get it in my head that it takes as long as it takes. I expect the will have been at least a 2 week delay as other have experience but haven't spoke to the deal to check.

The day that the tracker moves from "With the Factory" to "Confirmed Build Week" will be a very happy one for me.

(My orders a 1.4 GT btw)

kenny.c

Ready to race!
We ordered 31st July.....Its been "with the factory" ever since.....Dealer confirmed today the order is still "status 10" which apparently means its being planned for production but not scheduled yet. I was starting to get fustrated but ive come to realize the longer I wait the better the PX price is they have agreed to, plus our new garage wont be ready till the end of November...

Hope it will be worth the wait.

Ken

Skinnee D

Passed Driver's Ed
I heard mention of a dealer comment this week that there may be an impending delay to some existing customer orders that include nav systems (no more detail, sorry).

Also apparently orders with sunroofs get stacked before VW reconfigure the prodn line - hence lead times for sunroof orders can be more open-ended.

Might be worth asking the retailer if they know anything if yours hasn't been built yet.

kenny.c

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info.....our spec does not include either Sunroof or NAV.....TBH im not that bothered anymore. My dealer has said they want my PX by December at the latest (guess they are loosing to much money on the deal) and have offered to lend us a car should the need arrive.

Ken

dipth

Ready to race!
I must admit I have a hard time understanding how the system works in the UK.
Over here you order the car, wait a couple of days to get an estimated delivery-time, wait about 3 weeks and then get the confirmed build-week and delivery-time.

We don't even have a order tracker over here.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
To be honest, I think much of the problem here is Volkswagen's UK company - they seem to make up the rules as they go along, and to change them whenever it suits.