GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Golf - Here It Is. Kinda, Maybe.

rahtx

Go Kart Newbie
The "reviews" like this that are nothing more than slideshows of teaser/spy shots, concept art, and speculation paired with creepy robotic text-to-speech, hurt my soul.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
GOD not those STUPID fake tips. I saw them on the regular Golf Mk7.5s the other day. Absolutely awful. VAG seems to be going with them on all of their new cars none the less. Even their higher end Audis. Simply appalling in my opinion.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
GOD not those STUPID fake tips. I saw them on the regular Golf Mk7.5s the other day. Absolutely awful. VAG seems to be going with them on all of their new cars none the less. Even their higher end Audis. Simply appalling in my opinion.

Mercedes even has them. As long as they don't have black soot dripping from them I could be OK with them.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Was looking on Youtube for something completely different and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-cZbMBRtsA

Or type:

vw golf review 2019

It’s a fairly old Auto Express render that did the rounds some months ago.

Based on Auto Express’s past past track record, they’re not very good at producing accurate renders. Best to wait until VW publish the first official pictures, then we’ll know for certain what the mk8 will look like.

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
I don’t think so. They show the old infotainment system and mechanical gauges. These things are all fake.

Tsi7

Ready to race!
old and fake... probably over 100 videos like these on youtube... just go look at all the down votes...lol

Also, fake exhaust tips you say?

I'm sure the golf looks the exact same underneath... also, in case you're wondering, that's a crashed c220 diesel convertible in London

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
When I was driving my MK6 - and the MK7 was not released yet - lots of renderings showed up.
Thankfully, the MK7 wound up looking far better than all of them.
Even when clear images of camouflaged MK7's circulated, the camo hid such key details like headlights, front fascia etc. that you really couldn't tell what the car looked like till the wraps came off at the Paris Auto Show.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I can remember Auto Express producing a render around 2007/2008 of the next generation Golf at the time (would’ve been the forthcoming mk6 Golf). Their render had Beetle style round headlamps that were pretty much photoshopped onto a mk5 Golf body. It looked hideous, and fortunately, the mk6 didn’t look anything like Auto Express’s render.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Does anyone know what the trend is with these new exhausts? Is it weight saving? Cost cutting? Or do regular people really prefer these over actual exhaust tips?