GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Golf - Here It Is. Kinda, Maybe.

Tsi7

Ready to race!
Does anyone know what the trend is with these new exhausts? Is it weight saving? Cost cutting? Or do regular people really prefer these over actual exhaust tips?

I don't think regular people care... Hence the manufactures are most likely taking advantage because it definitely is cheaper.... What costs more, shinny stainless steel exhaust tips, or simply pulling the plumbing down the car, then making a cutout that looks pretty? (or not even, since that apperantly cost money too.. Ahem, new A6 and a8...)

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Does anyone know what the trend is with these new exhausts? Is it weight saving? Cost cutting? Or do regular people really prefer these over actual exhaust tips?

People only care about the exterior looks and not the real substance. Also for manufacturers, its gonna be much easier for manufacturing and assembly without tight tolerances.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Posted over on golfgtiforum.co.uk earlier. This one might be genuine?

https://www.caradvice.com.au/718270/2020-volkswagen-golf-mk8-snapped/?source=trending&slot=0

Hard to tell the differences from the mk7 / mk7.5 Golf at first glance (and hard to tell from the pictures how much black camouflage has been taped on the front and rear of this black car); but not surprisingly, it follows VW’s evolutionary approach to next generation model designs, and unmistakably a Golf, with elements of the smaller VW Polo design at the front.

A more, rounded bulbous shaped profile to the bonnet / hood than the current model. The crease line along the doors and into the the rear quarter panel could’ve been borrowed from the mk6 Golf, which had a very similar crease line along.

Is it genuine? Time will tell, and not long to wait if it is revealed at this year’s Geneva Motor Show as the article suggests.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Lol...another bad Photochop. When I start seeing pics of the car in the black and white camo...then I'll believe its coming soon.

beardedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6mt

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Might be close enough to a reveal not to need it.

Frankfurt autoshow is scheduled in Sep and its nowhere close to reveal.

At times i drive pre-production cars and the amount of precautions OEM takes is enormous. Even camoed vehicles left overnight inside a secured parking lot is suppose to be covered. People can even lose their jobs and tier 1 suppliers can be sued if anyone is this careless.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Might be close enough to a reveal not to need it.

Yes.

There were new VW Polos without any camouflage spotted out on the roads during the later stages of road testing. This was a few months before the official unveiling.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Frankfurt autoshow is scheduled in Sep and its nowhere close to reveal.

At times i drive pre-production cars and the amount of precautions OEM takes is enormous. Even camoed vehicles left overnight inside a secured parking lot is suppose to be covered. People can even lose their jobs and tier 1 suppliers can be sued if anyone is this careless.

Hell a few guys got fired for showing off the demon, trackhawk, and rhd trackhawk early to a guy. I'm with you in not believing these are tru. Unless vw does something way different then the other automakers i don't see how they wouldn't start with camo. Also some of you are saying it looks like the teaser? It looks nothing like it

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Hell a few guys got fired for showing off the demon, trackhawk, and rhd trackhawk early to a guy. I'm with you in not believing these are tru. Unless vw does something way different then the other automakers i don't see how they wouldn't start with camo. Also some of you are saying it looks like the teaser? It looks nothing like it

Recently, many models have been leaked before official reveals. In most cases, OEMs get to the rootcause and eventually it can destroy ones career. Its hard to understand the seriousness of these reveals unless its gonna affect you personally.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
FWIW, that new article with the black one one does not look photoshopped to me and I’ve got a degree in that type of work. A friend sent me that link this morning too.

There is VAG precedent for this happening too. Even the new Porsche 992 was partially revealed albeit inadvertently.

The plate on the car is registered in Brunswick (Lower Saxony), not too far at all from Wolfsburg, maybe coincidence? But VW nearly always has Wolfsburg registered cars, I can’t think why it would be registered in a different district on this occasion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

beardedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6mt
So to the non believers... you think that 2 completely independent sources managed to come up with the same design, one going so far to model it entirely in 3D and do a lot of post production to turn it into a video?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
So to the non believers... you think that 2 completely independent sources managed to come up with the same design, one going so far to model it entirely in 3D and do a lot of post production to turn it into a video?

Correct or not the front end is not looking very good.
Designed more for aero than looks. Prius trend not good.
The overall look is more like a Mazda 3 which in person does not really look very good.

A Golf/GTI/R has always tried to hold a MK 1-7 shape.
The last few pictures looks to deviate from this line more than it should.
Guess the aftermarket business will be good for those who develop replacement bumpers. Hope the Clubsport S muffler can fit with work.