GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
nice, mine will be going on soon, just trying to decide how much more I want to push the stock tires before giving in :D

Yeah I rode the Conti DWs I had for for 4-5k too long. They were at the bars when I changed, 2-3/32 left depending on the tires, but had felt, and sounded like shit for quite some time. I also had some crazy surface gashes that went all the way through to the radial belting on the old tires, which I didn't see until I took them off.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I think you mean the motorcycle fork oil syringe in package next to foot powder?

We see what we want to see...
I think it was a joke... Calm down buddy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Received my H&R spacers courtesy from forum member snobrdrdan. Already installed.
I received also today a bigger battery cover but will have to wait until tomorrow...

Attachments

• D282F2D7-0B77-4D7E-9615-4931D0C0C8FD.jpeg
    D282F2D7-0B77-4D7E-9615-4931D0C0C8FD.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 640
  • 817E3C61-9492-40DC-9818-6E1CBD61AFDA.jpeg
    817E3C61-9492-40DC-9818-6E1CBD61AFDA.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 652

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Yeah I rode the Conti DWs I had for for 4-5k too long. They were at the bars when I changed, 2-3/32 left depending on the tires, but had felt, and sounded like shit for quite some time. I also had some crazy surface gashes that went all the way through to the radial belting on the old tires, which I didn't see until I took them off.

Holy smokes, that's nuts. My DWS's are at the bars but still sound and feel fine (unless pushing it on a mountain road, but not sure if that is wear, or simply the limit of all season tires). No crazy gashes and only 1 screw in ~40k across two cars. I plan to run them to drag radials... :cool:

Will be replacing them with High performance summer tires for sure.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Holy smokes, that's nuts. My DWS's are at the bars but still sound and feel fine (unless pushing it on a mountain road, but not sure if that is wear, or simply the limit of all season tires). No crazy gashes and only 1 screw in ~40k across two cars. I plan to run them to drag radials... :cool:

Will be replacing them with High performance summer tires for sure.

I had a few sets of DWS’s before and ran them for almost 30k miles on another car with no funny noises until the very end where every worn tire will become noisy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I parked my MK7 and am driving my tuned MK5 for the next couple of days. Not nearly as refined but what a fun little beast!

DJinAC

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered new shoes for GTI. Continental Extreme Contact DWS06.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I won't quote my own post with pics in the interest of vertical space saving.

Last night I installed the sigma shifter and flashed to stage 1. Then I went out for an hour of driving around at 10pm. About 50 miles total including a lot of freeway + on ramps, etc.

Quick review:

Uni stage 1: well, it's definitely faster. Easy to get those wheels a hoppin in 2nd and even 3rd. It feels real strong, but just a tiny bit short of what I think would be perfect for practical power day to day. What I really wish is the power would come on just a bit lower in the Rev range. Just 500 rpm lower.

I'm hoping the new mounts and hpa dogbone will help with getting the power down.

Sigma shifter: This thing is just fantastic. It's not even "broken in" and it's already great. Combined with my bfi Alcantara knob and rowing that lever is my new favorite thing. Shifter reminds me of how the old e46 330 zhp shifter felt.

KillboBaggins

Passed Driver's Ed
Threw the new badges on... Not sure if they're gonna stay or get switched out for black. Might see how they look if I order carbon mirror caps.

Threw in the new air filter and messed around with OBDeleven today.

Gotta do some research on all the codes the scan threw...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk