GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looks like i'm on the blown engine list

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Saw a Golf R on YouTube last night that was said to be pushing 600hp with just a fuel pump and turbo (and bolt ons). They’re not port injected are they? Didn’t say the turbo size other than “big.”

I understand you need MPI for E85 regardless, but made me wonder.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Saw a Golf R on YouTube last night that was said to be pushing 600hp with just a fuel pump and turbo (and bolt ons). They’re not port injected are they? Didn’t say the turbo size other than “big.”

I understand you need MPI for E85 regardless, but made me wonder.

600hp or 600whp?

On race gas it seems possible to make 600 at the crank, keep in mind the R does have slightly bigger injectors too.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
If the video is of an older English gentleman, it has port injection.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Correct, all Euro GTIs and Rs have dual injection from the factory.

Ah OK. That makes more sense then. Yeah, this was the 75 year old UK guy.

Hope I’m enjoying 3 second cars at 75! Lol

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Again with this fuel pressure drop bullshit...

Fucking motherfucker.

3rd gear pull with 1/4 tank on the street, car felt great and was making some steam, halfway through 4th felt it nose over.

Keep in mind i've been doing long 4th and 5th gear pulls and have had NO drops in fuel pressure.

Even moderate acceleration at 1/4 tank and the fuel leaves the basket. These tanks blow. Luckily the engine is still together because this was pump gas.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
That's just strange I've done several 2,3,4th gear pulls with like an 1/8 and 1/4 never had any issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
That's just strange I've done several 2,3,4th gear pulls with like an 1/8 and 1/4 never had any issues.

Could be more of a DSG problem, acceleration is uninterrupted?

PR450 time!

I think i'm going to go meth instead. Haven't decided yet, but this whole new world of being able to go to any gas station is quite nice.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Could be more of a DSG problem, acceleration is uninterrupted?

I think i'm going to go meth instead. Haven't decided yet, but this whole new world of being able to go to any gas station is quite nice.
Have you scanned your system to see if there are any soft codes after it happen like a fuel control module malfunction, mine has done that before, was real quick, stumble and cleared up

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Have you scanned your system to see if there are any soft codes after it happen like a fuel control module malfunction, mine has done that before, was real quick, stumble and cleared up

Just checked, nothing.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Just checked, nothing.
You dont worry about of that happens when/if you run meth about it really leaning out on you

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Plug from cyl 1 had very mild signs of detonation...very tiny flecks of piston material. Much less than last time.

Blows my mind that the logs show no knock in these extreme lean situations.

What's the guesstimate of how many engines I would have had to build by now if I bought a Subaru?