GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looks like i'm on the blown engine list

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Diggs, you are a rolling link machine. Gracias. You mentioned this vs HPFP...If you go MPI, does it negate the need for HPFP/LPFP upgrades with a BT? Or just depends on goals?

Port kit plus LPFP is $1250 shipped.

Not necessary for IS38, you can get by with DI even on full E85. Stock NA fueling has made about 440whp STD correction on E40 (about 30whp above where I'm at, so there's still a bit of room if I wanted to try to run the DI system on the ragged edge).

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
Hoon

Since you've logged pump and E- blends, what kind of timing increases has your car been able to handle between 93oct, E30, and E50? I assume you're also able to keep boost into the higher rpms, as well.

pieguy

Ready to race!
Port kit plus LPFP is $1250 shipped.

Not necessary for IS38, you can get by with DI even on full E85. Stock NA fueling has made about 440whp STD correction on E40 (about 30whp above where I'm at, so there's still a bit of room if I wanted to try to run the DI system on the ragged edge).

Might want to pay the extra $$$ to upgrade the fuel lines and upgrade to a Walbro 525 while you're at it. For about $300, you can run full e85 on just about anything up to a Boss 600. PR supplies these, just not on their site.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Just got a new map to clean up the misfire issue, going to drop to E40 which seems to be the sweet spot between fuel volume and octane on stock injectors and IS38.

Hoon

Since you've logged pump and E- blends, what kind of timing increases has your car been able to handle between 93oct, E30, and E50? I assume you're also able to keep boost into the higher rpms, as well.

The best 93 Oct I can find locally - About 26-27psi peak, tapering to 22psi with 8.5ish degrees timing, mild KR

E30 - 27-28psi tapering to 23, 14 degrees timing, mild KR

E50 - 28-29psi, tapering to 24, 15.5 degrees, no KR. The octane is there to support a little more timing if we wanted to push it.

Might want to pay the extra $$$ to upgrade the fuel lines and upgrade to a Walbro 525 while you're at it. For about $300, you can run full e85 on just about anything up to a Boss 600. PR supplies these, just not on their site.

I'll definitely look into this stuff, thanks.

Seems the 525 moves the same volume with lower amperage draw than the 450, which should help out the stock controller.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Just got a new map to clean up the misfire issue, going to drop to E40 which seems to be the sweet spot between fuel volume and octane on stock injectors and IS38.

The best 93 Oct I can find locally - About 26-27psi peak, tapering to 22psi with 8.5ish degrees timing, mild KR

E30 - 27-28psi tapering to 23, 14 degrees timing, mild KR

E50 - 28-29psi, tapering to 24, 15.5 degrees, no KR. The octane is there to support a little more timing if we wanted to push it.

I'll definitely look into this stuff, thanks.

Seems the 525 moves the same volume with lower amperage draw than the 450, which should help out the stock controller.

Why are you doing all this when you have a new turbo on the way? Just curious?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Why are you doing all this when you have a new turbo on the way? Just curious?

That's definitely part of it. I also wanted to verify the health of the motor and have a nice comparison point for the L450.

I wanted to break 400whp SAE dynojet, came up 1whp short lol. Also wanted to trap over 120, which would definitely have happened if i didn't have the fuel issue.

I do just want to drive and enjoy the car for a bit also. It's going to be down for awhile when i do the turbo because several other changes will be made to properly support it. I haven't even come to a final conclusion as to what that will entail yet. LPFP, MPI, and charge pipes are a given.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
That's definitely part of it. I also wanted to verify the health of the motor and have a nice comparison point for the L450.

I wanted to break 400whp SAE dynojet, came up 1whp short lol. Also wanted to trap over 120, which would definitely have happened if i didn't have the fuel issue.

I do just want to drive and enjoy the car for a bit also. It's going to be down for awhile when i do the turbo because several other changes will be made to properly support it. I haven't even come to a final conclusion as to what that will entail yet. LPFP, MPI, and charge pipes are a given.
I want to break that 400whp dynojet mark also and I also came up 1 hp short lol but it was hot and i was only running 1 meth nozzle now I'm running 2, I'll dyno again in a couple weeks when it cools off a bit and see, im sure I'll break it, im also running e40is and running 28psi, tapering to about 25 and about 16-17° with no knock

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

gti9251

Passed Driver's Ed
That is a really cool MPI kit and install doesn't look terribly hard. Sure would have been nice if we had gotten DI + MPI right out of the box like it was shown on the Gen 3 release diagram!

HighQuality_H20

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, I'm sorry for your loss. Losing an engine is tough.

I was just wondering....

Do you recommend keeping alot of gas in the car even if you're just driving normal? On my old car i would just fill it up with 2 gallons of gas at the beginning of the day. By the end of the day i would have like maybe 10 more miles of gasoline left.

faid

Ready to race!
I want to break that 400whp dynojet mark also and I also came up 1 hp short lol but it was hot and i was only running 1 meth nozzle now I'm running 2, I'll dyno again in a couple weeks when it cools off a bit and see, im sure I'll break it, im also running e40is and running 28psi, tapering to about 25 and about 16-17° with no knock

Are you tuned for wmi?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Hi, I'm sorry for your loss. Losing an engine is tough.

I was just wondering....

Do you recommend keeping alot of gas in the car even if you're just driving normal? On my old car i would just fill it up with 2 gallons of gas at the beginning of the day. By the end of the day i would have like maybe 10 more miles of gasoline left.

I really don't know why you'd buy gas 2 gallons at a time, unless it's the last 6 bucks you have.

I certainly wouldn't recommend it though...both for pump life and the potential for a lean condition.

At the end he didn’t loose it, don’t feel bad.

Thankfully no, just a bit of detonation on 2 piston tops. Not a big deal :)

Posting from my phone, hope this isn't huge...

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Are you tuned for wmi?
Yes, it is mainly used for cooling cause of the heat here where I live

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Thankfully no, just a bit of detonation on 2 piston tops. Not a big deal
Glad for you bro :cool: are you planing on replacing the pistons?