GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
With the USB in the cubby, does anyone know if the original media interface with the USB adapter will suffice? I already have that setup on my MIB1 and have a flash drive plugged in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

You need the 5G0035222E module for carplay to work. Not sure if the harness is different. If you have all the endpoint connectors on harness, I would just purchase the 5G0035222E module and plug it in. It would be a lot easier as snaking the new harness is one of the more difficult aspects of the physical installation. The module looks slightly different on back https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-AUX-IN...493283?hash=item1ccf0803e3:g:cVQAAOSwo~BcsAT9

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
If the donor unit is from another model, Passat Variant for example, how do we change car dashboard image display for the Climatronic menu to Golf?

I managed to change the image of the car for Vehicle Status (using OBDeleven) but was not able to find the coding/adaptations for changing the car image in Climatronic A/C menu.

Anyone can help?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Not sure of OBDeleven does scans of previous configurations and saves your long coding like Vagcom does. If that is the case, then find your old long coding and use that changing the bytes that are needed to be changed for carplay. The instructions are in the original DIY.

"Save Coding and Adaptations:
Using Vag-Com, go to Application, Controller Map, and make copy of 5F infotainment and 47 Sound (if you have Fender system). Just in case you need these and to compare with new unit. Likely your new unit will be set up properly, but always good practice."

"Vag-Com changes: Since your unit is likely from salvage it is already coded with adaptations all sorted. However, you should check a couple of things in the 5F module. Check bytes 4 and 11 if you have a Fender System as the donor unit may not have come from an external amp unit. In my case I did have to change the values to the original values of byte 4 to 00 and byte 11 to 02. Also verify byte 19 is set for USB iPhone fully functionality."

If you did not follow the instructions you can find a similar configuration of your model of car for the 5F module at Ross Tech forum "reference scans of non-broken cars" https://forums.ross-tech.com/forumdisplay.php?45-Reference-Scans-and-Maps-of-Non-Broken-Cars&

GTIJones1

Sorry if this was covered in other posts and I missed it. I just got the 6.5” screen and the glove box unit from the same salvaged vehicle, went to VW to have component protection removed. They got it removed but were saying that there was still no sound, they were trying to tell me since the unit was from a car with the fender audio that I needed to buy the amp too, however I don’t have premium sound. Is this accurate or do they just have to code something another way? Thanks!

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Sorry if this was covered in other posts and I missed it. I just got the 6.5” screen and the glove box unit from the same salvaged vehicle, went to VW to have component protection removed. They got it removed but were saying that there was still no sound, they were trying to tell me since the unit was from a car with the fender audio that I needed to buy the amp too, however I don’t have premium sound. Is this accurate or do they just have to code something another way? Thanks!

Just needs coding out.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie

Byte 11 needs to be 01

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kgroff84

Hey guys I have a 2015 mk7gti se with fender system non nav and I’m getting everything together I have a 6.5 screen the unit and the usb/aux just looking for the amp now . Can anyone tell me hoe to get ahold of jack im looking to to make eventhung work as it should

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Does anyone know if a screen without nav button will work with a 3Q0035876A nav unit? I am upgrading to the nav unit, and eventually adding the AID but have not yet decided on glass or matte 8" screen.

I'm leaning matte to avoid fingerprints and I want to keep my brushed "aluminum" Golf trim. It will also be much cheaper to wrap the AID bezel with matching brushed aluminum vinyl versus a complete gloss black trim conversion. But... that glass screen sure is pretty.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone know if a screen without nav button will work with a 3Q0035876A nav unit? I am upgrading to the nav unit, and eventually adding the AID but have not yet decided on glass or matte 8" screen.

I'm leaning matte to avoid fingerprints and I want to keep my brushed "aluminum" Golf trim. It will also be much cheaper to wrap the AID bezel with matching brushed aluminum vinyl versus a complete gloss black trim conversion. But... that glass screen sure is pretty.

I've heard the A unit is actually for nav but just selectable from the menu instead of as a button. Odd, I know

Rmzhrb

Passed Driver's Ed
George - thanks for a great thread! Been following it for a while and finally pulled the trigger. Got everything installed including amp, mib2 brain in glovebox and 8” screen. The usb, Bluetooth and sound is all working after removing cp at the dealer. Now trying to get NAV and app connect with Jack’s help.

I’m a bit impatient and ordered this on eBay from Miami as I didn’t want to wait for cables from China. Anyone know if this will work for Jack?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/302049249170

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
George - thanks for a great thread! Been following it for a while and finally pulled the trigger. Got everything installed including amp, mib2 brain in glovebox and 8” screen. The usb, Bluetooth and sound is all working after removing cp at the dealer. Now trying to get NAV and app connect with Jack’s help.

I’m a bit impatient and ordered this on eBay from Miami as I didn’t want to wait for cables from China. Anyone know if this will work for Jack?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/302049249170
Says it has the OKI chip, which is what you need, so it should work. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk