GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quebster's Neverending Story - 2015 GTI S 6MT - The Good, the Bad, the End... and the Resurrection!

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Awesome build! I think your car is my car’s role model.

Agreed with Diggs, your video cracked me up too. Lol, at the Las Colinas bit. That Looks like a clean MK4 at the end of your vid, btw.

Thanks much for the kind words. Lol I’m glad people are enjoying it, I had fun making it!

And thanks for the comment on the Mk4 as well! I can’t remember if I ever posted in here about it, but I got that lil’ guy as a “backup daily” or whatever you want to call it. Awesome little Mk4 that Zinkwerks bought and rebuilt the top end on (timing chain snapped) along with lots of other things like suspension, that I bought from them a few months ago. Has full emissions delete and some custom tune on it. Fun and zippy, and the little turbo is so loud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Oh wow so that is your MK4 too! That is my second favorite gen behind the MK7. Looks super clean and has the sleeper look to it! :D

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Oh wow so that is your MK4 too! That is my second favorite gen behind the MK7. Looks super clean and has the sleeper look to it! :D

Forgot to say, but thanks so much. It is such an awesome little car! Perfect backup. I have lots of fueling updates coming soon! :D

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Man I have neglected updating this page! That is mostly because, well, I did a thing guys:

I've been quite busy! I will get back on and throw up a bunch of pictures. I finally got the Stage 4 LPFP and MPI kit from Precision Raceworks installed several weeks ago, with the help of a friend from the shop. Since then we have been working on the tune and I have been working on several smaller issues with some fault codes and such. These issues I've been having since before putting the MPI on so the MPI isn't to blame. I have done a boost leak test and fixed several boost leaks, changed the spark plugs, adjusted wastegate (it loosened up) and only one intermittent problem remains. I'll explain more and send some pics when I can.

Working on the car is so much more awesome when it’s in your own garage!!!

Last edited:

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Man I have neglected updating this page! That is mostly because, well, I did a thing guys:

I've been quite busy! I will get back on and throw up a bunch of pictures. I finally got the Stage 4 LPFP and MPI kit from Precision Raceworks installed several weeks ago, with the help of a friend from the shop. Since then we have been working on the tune and I have been working on several smaller issues with some fault codes and such. These issues I've been having since before putting the MPI on so the MPI isn't to blame. I have done a boost leak test and fixed several boost leaks, changed the spark plugs, adjusted wastegate (it loosened up) and only one intermittent problem remains. I'll explain more and send some pics when I can.

Working on the car is so much more awesome when it’s in your own garage!!!

Your build is nasty!! Love everything about it~! Thank you for the savageness! :D

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Q, just purchased the AP Stillen brakes. Any reviews? ;)

Nothing but good things to say about them, they kick ass. Just finished my first track day a couple weeks ago and they were great, even with the half ass trackable street pads (definitely still recommend having a dedicated trackpad but they weren’t getting here in time for me)

I really need to update this thread.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Nothing but good things to say about them, they kick ass. Just finished my first track day a couple weeks ago and they were great, even with the half ass trackable street pads (definitely still recommend having a dedicated trackpad but they weren’t getting here in time for me)

I really need to update this thread.

awesome!! that's great to hear brother! Car is looking mean AF :)

dtaxtwo

Great looking build. How low are you sitting right now in the rear? Did you adjust ride height after your latest wheels? I'm sitting on 235, and have the 034 rear sway, but I was recommended *not* to run the Superpro rear end links. Are you still running that set up with 245? I'm asking because are longer than other end links. Have you ran into any issues?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Great looking build. How low are you sitting right now in the rear? Did you adjust ride height after your latest wheels? I'm sitting on 235, and have the 034 rear sway, but I was recommended *not* to run the Superpro rear end links. Are you still running that set up with 245? I'm asking because are longer than other end links. Have you ran into any issues?

Thanks. I am not sitting very low in the back to be honest, they are about half an inch higher than the front. I switched to 255/35/18 tires and because of that the gap is even wider now (lower profile tire). I like where it sits vs. the front though, so if I lower I want to lower the front too. But I like the height she is at now because it is practical, and I already scrape on my driveway if I don't angle right. I don't think I could handle being lower and risk hitting something in the road only a couple of inches high and losing my lip [emoji20]

Here is a pic while I was still on the 245's:

I run 034 RSB and SuperPro as well. They've been great, no issues, no noises. SuperPro is known for great quality and design so I don't think it was an oversight that they made their links so long. We had a discussion about that on Facebook not too long ago. SuperPro claim the link is longer to allow clearance for adjustable bars.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
That is looking absolutely tough!! Just curious bud, I'm getting my AP Radical brakes this month. I'm running these Enkei's https://www.dsgperformance.com/enkei-rs05rr-18x8-5-5x112-45

And I noticed you had enkei's that didn't clear the BBK. Do you know if the rs05rr has a larger internal clearance ?

Thanks man! Keep inspiring! :D

lol thanks man, So not the greatest news... I was told by Enkei after sending measurements of the APRacing kit, that not even their largest inner diameter 18" wheels would clear the caliper, by a long shot :/

You can message them yourself if you'd like, I don't know how knowledgeable the person I was speaking to was. But that's what they told me over chat. My Ty-5's definitely didn't fit. This is why I switched over to the Neuspeeds... they're some of the few 18" wheels that will fit the caliper on this BBK.