Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Or bring it somewhere... [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Agree with Melted, pace yourself and budget two days time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Navi

Autocross Champion
Two days? Oh boy. I only alloted one day. (In my head I see this taking 3-5 hours). I'm pretty mechanically inclined by never did a turbo before. My friend has done 4-5 turbo swaps but not on a mk7. He will be helping me. I'll keep you guys posted

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Two days? Oh boy. I only alloted one day. (In my head I see this taking 3-5 hours). I'm pretty mechanically inclined by never did a turbo before. My friend has done 4-5 turbo swaps but not on a mk7. He will be helping me. I'll keep you guys posted
You should be fine, especially since you don't have 4Motion.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Oh that was quick. The fact that you have someone with so much experience helping you is a big deal. That bolt is hidden behind the wastegate pushrod, right? It wasn't too bad for me with the turbo off the car, but with it on the car I think you just have to torque it down with the bit at a slight angle.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Yeah finally got it after an hour trying lol. Had to reach two hands through the exhaust tunnel and double fist that bolt from the bottom. Finished up the install about 3 hours ago but then washed the car from all the grease I got all over it and changed the oil. Running strong. Already data logged for stratified also so we will see how things go. Thanks everyone for the help along the way. I’m sore as fuck. And wife is mad at me lol.

Navi

Autocross Champion

AK89

Passed Driver's Ed
IS20 swap on 1.8... I’m choosing downpipe- 2.75 inch or go full 3’? Price difference is symbolic, but isn’t 3in bit overkilled?
I don’t want to cross 300-310hp mark...

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
3" certainly isn't going to hurt anything.