GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Muzza80

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah fitted mine too with map 1. Feels great but want the full potential in map 2 lol.

If you hear from him let me know the outcome and vice versa [emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Get some logs sent over to George, I sent a few over last night on MAP1 including this:

https://datazap.me/u/muzza80/jb4-map1-no-afr-tap-0?log=1&data=1-2-4-5-14-19

Car's running beautifully despite no AFR tap and based on that George has advised me to go straight to MAP6 and given me some conservative settings and I'll start logging there.

I think the very low IAT's at the moment here (last night it was 3 degrees C in Glasgow!) will allow us to tune further than you might expected with no AFR tap until he can come back to us with a solution for that.

;)

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
Question all-

I am selling my JB4 as I have some other priorities at the moment. What plug provides power to the JB4? I was running on Map 0, then removed it before changing back to map 1. Just want to hook it up enough to make the map change.

Thanks for your help all!

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Question all-

I am selling my JB4 as I have some other priorities at the moment. What plug provides power to the JB4? I was running on Map 0, then removed it before changing back to map 1. Just want to hook it up enough to make the map change.

Plug D. I hooked up just Plug D to unlink my account with the device

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Question all-

If you remove the JB4 from your car, there is no tune/piggyback function on the car.

Dave C

Get some logs sent over to George, I sent a few over last night on MAP1 including this:

https://datazap.me/u/muzza80/jb4-map1-no-afr-tap-0?log=1&data=1-2-4-5-14-19

Car's running beautifully despite no AFR tap and based on that George has advised me to go straight to MAP6 and given me some conservative settings and I'll start logging there.

I think the very low IAT's at the moment here (last night it was 3 degrees C in Glasgow!) will allow us to tune further than you might expected with no AFR tap until he can come back to us with a solution for that.

;)

Have you been getting any EPC lights at all? I was getting them before the car broke down (not related to JB4. Earthing issue on cars wiring loom).

I'm based in glasgow too! Is your car stock? Might send some logs ovee to George [emoji106] thanks!

Muzza80

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you been getting any EPC lights at all? I was getting them before the car broke down (not related to JB4. Earthing issue on cars wiring loom).

I'm based in glasgow too! Is your car stock? Might send some logs ovee to George [emoji106] thanks!

Hey Dave,
Nothing at all the car is running beautifully.

My only performance mod at the moment is an Armaspeed carbon fibre intake and the JB4.

I've just done a couple of runs there (full 3rd gear and well into 4th with autoshift at 6600rpm) on the MAP6 settings George sent over which are:

FOL60
Fuel Bias 0 (as no AFR TAP fitted)

1500 0
2000 2
2500 2.5
3000 3
3500 3.5
4000 4
4500 4.5
5000 4.5
5500 4.5
6000 4.5
6500 4
7000 4

And here are the logs:

https://datazap.me/u/muzza80/map6-george-no-afr?log=0&data=1-2-4-11-14-18-25-26-27-28

https://datazap.me/u/muzza80/ma6-initial-george-no-afr-tap?log=0&data=1-2-4-11-14-18-25-26-27-28

The car's running sweet on Tesco99, fuel trims are below 30 across the board, no timing pull at all on any cylinder and meeting the requested boost increase right across the rev range. The ECU is dealing with the AFR fine without the AFR tap.

To be honest I'm quite happy with the car as it is until George works out the AFR wiring, worth noting that the outside air is obviously really cold locally which helps.

If you're in Glasgow we should meet up some time!

:)

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
Plug D. I hooked up just Plug D to unlink my account with the device

Thanks Derushi! Do I have to unlink it?

On another note my buyer has a Golf R. According to the website it appears my gti jb4 mY not be compatible with the Golf R. Is it compatible with a Golf R or is that a different unit?

Thanks folks

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Thanks Derushi! Do I have to unlink it?

On another note my buyer has a Golf R. According to the website it appears my gti jb4 mY not be compatible with the Golf R. Is it compatible with a Golf R or is that a different unit?

Thanks folks

Bluetooth right?

You technically don't have to, but according to George, the buyer will get an error when they try to use it and would have to contact JB4 to get it unlocked. I went through the same thing and had to attach plug D again so I can unlink it before selling lol.

KroniK25

Passed Driver's Ed
So I'm looking to get a used JB4 Group 3 from a 1.8T MK7. My cars a MK7 GTI. From what I've read the group 3 JB4 will work even though the website says I need JB4 group 2 correct?