GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

Map 0 log:
https://datazap.me/u/joez28ls1/log-1550632818?log=0&data=1-4-11-18

I don't really know how to read these exactly, but the ign 1 timing drops off a cliff at 4800 rpms...no idea why.

Ask George what he thinks 3rd gear log is better but still richer than necessary. Timing drop of from when you get into the power is normal and it advanced good on the 3rd gear log.

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Last edited:

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
car in map0 is normal
map1 or map2 when WOT, about 4-5k rpm the car stall, like no fuel .. like a hard Traction control. very weird. and EPC light shows up.

That sounds just like how my car felt when I had the Boost by gear set incorrectly. Are you using the max boost per gear in the "User Adjustment Settings" page? If so, set the boost per gear back to "0" for all gears and try again.

Last edited:

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Flashtune
vcds or obd11
put that is38 to work,lol

What is the benefit of stacking a flash tune when we have the adjust-ability of the JB4? Are there certain parameters that a flash manipulates, that we cant with the JB4?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
What is the benefit of stacking a flash tune when we have the adjust-ability of the JB4? Are there certain parameters that a flash manipulates, that we cant with the JB4?
Timing, wastegate limits, temp compensations, load based everything....

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Last edited:

Crackness1

Ready to race!
So I finally got a proper run in after breaking in my new clutch. Not looking to go ethanol quite yet but would like to bump it up a little if safe. I think i'm FBO? (Intake, Catted DP, FMIC, Clutch). Shell 93, Ambient was 83-ish.

Map 6 settings are currently: 1.5K: 2; 2-3K: 3; 3.5K: 3.5; 4K: 5; 4.5K: 5.5; 5K: 6; 5.5K: 5.5; 6-6.5K: 5; 7K: 4.5. FOL 50, Failsafe 25.

https://datazap.me/u/crackness/full-run-new-clutch?log=0&data=1-4-11-18

Last edited: