GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

mk7_bk

Drag Racing Champion
well finding e85 seems like its going to be alot harder then actually getting it. called about 10 places and they all dont have it, I ask do you sell e85 and they have no idea. One in Lancaster does sell Flex Fuel but thats 1 hr away

mk7_bk

Drag Racing Champion
picked up 15 gallons of e85 about 40min away in perryville MD. put 2.7 in when I was there. Should have done 3 but idn. Also got my first win against some beat up jeep cherokee, call it a win idn, laughable

ZuMBLe

Drag Racing Champion
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
picked up 15 gallons of e85 about 40min away in perryville MD. put 2.7 in when I was there. Should have done 3 but idn. Also got my first win against some beat up jeep cherokee, call it a win idn, laughable
Logs or it didn't happen.

El_bigote_AJ

Go Kart Champion
Ride
2019 GTI bunny
Well I will say it felt like a rocket. why are my trims/afr jumping once i start to 100 pedal, is this normal on e (maybe its a fol 60 thing)

if that's the latest firmware I'm pretty sure your max boost per gear is incorrectly inputted, the last post from geoge said you enter the number you want it reduced by. ie: typical max boost say 23 and you want it to say below 20 you would put 3 in that line.

El_bigote_AJ

Go Kart Champion
Ride
2019 GTI bunny
this is second gear with the FOL at 55 this time... i really cant figure out if its just in my head but the car feels slower that when i first started messing with the hybrid, and this is with WMI running too... this is second gear and granted i have good tire the car didn't even breakfree, lol.

El_bigote_AJ

Go Kart Champion
Ride
2019 GTI bunny
Thanks, ok I’ll do it again tonight and pay more attention right there, def don’t feel or smell like slip. But car just don’t feel as fast (could be just used to it.)

El_bigote_AJ

Go Kart Champion
Ride
2019 GTI bunny
You're running into the same issue I did (DSG being erratic). It's time to move on from the JB4. Sorry.
don’t be, I already know thats where I’m at, I just don’t want to repay for tunes so I’ve been talking with UM and sneeky (Looking at eqt also)as to my best approach. As if mpi is where I’m headed (want to stop mixing) I should just do it now and not be where I’m doing the HPFP or direct port WMI and then realizing I still am not happy with it and got to do mpi anyways.

And I really like the flex fuel idea (local guy just went from dual map eqt to UM flex and is very satisfied with results)

Both tuners feel MPI is best for my goals plus still leaving me Plenty of headroom for more, I talked to cobb support yesterday and they said they still aren’t even investigation or putting efforts toward developing flex fuel support for the vw platform so have not dates to when it even available... so that sucks. Lol

El_bigote_AJ

Go Kart Champion
Ride
2019 GTI bunny
Don't ruin your tranny before you get to that point of deciding.
my car is manual, I'm doing the clutch with in the next few weeks, got all my stuff in the mail now for the project of adding dash gauges - (E gauge,meth flow failsafe) and pre intercooler meth nozzle + the larger trunk tank next week then its on to the clutch.... way too many projects keep spiraling on this car, lol.