GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

pblize

I got my 17r in Aug, 17. Just installed a jb4 at 60k km.I am fresh to the jb4 world here but I was exploring map 6 and data logging it and I'm getting extremely rich to the point it might be a bad reading. But before I borrow a garage does anyone have any insight to what might be happening? Screenshot_20190215-121055.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I got my 17r in Aug, 17. Just installed a jb4 at 60k km.I am fresh to the jb4 world here but I was exploring map 6 and data logging it and I'm getting extremely rich to the point it might be a bad reading. But before I borrow a garage does anyone have any insight to what might be happening?View attachment 25508

datazap is your friend

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Here it is: https://datazap.me/u/exult/map-0-regular-driving?log=0&data=1-4

Please bare with me as I am reading all posts in the thread and trying to understand everything. I am in the process of trying to learn how to look at timings and so forth, understanding the relation between each value...

In this picture here, what is going on exactly when the IGN1 line drops to zero while I am at full throttle in 4th gear? Across the rest of the graph, I see this dropping to zero only when I am switching gears.

https://datazap.me/u/exult/map-0-regular-driving?log=0&data=1-5

No 100, no care. Put it on map1 and drop the hammer.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I got my 17r in Aug, 17. Just installed a jb4 at 60k km.I am fresh to the jb4 world here but I was exploring map 6 and data logging it and I'm getting extremely rich to the point it might be a bad reading. But before I borrow a garage does anyone have any insight to what might be happening?

Like Diggs said, use Datazap.me. Most likely the ECU is going into a safety mode. Too much boost can cause the EGT to skyrocket and the ECU will dump fuel to compensate as a protection

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
That makes sense and was how I thought it operated, particularly in regard to boost safety being absolute.

And that also makes sense. Was confused why it was subtracting and figured it may have come about in recent update. I'm still on 60/6//5 due to retaining auto-clear, and don't know what has come after other than CARB friendly stuff.

I still get auto clear on the version 7. The 8.4 had the CEL coming on. 8.4 did show lower trims for me somehow though. I was maxing trims on e30 with previous firmwares, but was seeing it in the 30's on 8.4. I might have to revisit a better O2 spacer.
I also ran into the boost by gear issue. I run absolute and had second at 19.9 psi max. On 8.4 it fell on its face. It removed all boost. So I'm not sure on how it's supposed to operate on absolute then. Do you still put in how much you want removed from peak?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I still get auto clear on the version 7. The 8.4 had the CEL coming on. 8.4 did show lower trims for me somehow though. I was maxing trims on e30 with previous firmwares, but was seeing it in the 30's on 8.4. I might have to revisit a better O2 spacer.
I also ran into the boost by gear issue. I run absolute and had second at 19.9 psi max. On 8.4 it fell on its face. It removed all boost. So I'm not sure on how it's supposed to operate on absolute then. Do you still put in how much you want removed from peak?

Which map? I don't know if it's been changed yet to absolute across all maps yet, just that it was being considered to make setting easier. Try a subtraction number and see what happens.

Can't tell ya what is going on with trim, may want to reach out to George. I have heard of some weirdness in the 8.4 due to changes and might be teething issues with CARB compliance coding. Dunno.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I don’t think there is any difference, BUT better safe to ask.
If the new 2019 engines are putting out the 8 more hp, are the tunes going to be any different?

rodolfo

need some help. I was using JB4 on map2 + downpipe.

yesterday I updated my jb4 to the last version, and today I install a catback.

car in map0 is normal
map1 or map2 when WOT, about 4-5k rpm the car stall, like no fuel .. like a hard Traction control. very weird. and EPC light shows up.

got 5 error codes:
50B6 no description found
6C5C no description found
0000 unknow fault
6000 no description found
2700 no description found

car is a 2017 GTI, was using JB4 + DP for half year with map2 with no issues until update firmware and catback install.

any thoughts?