GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

robmarktoo

Ready to race!
Has anyone else noticed those little plastic flaps on the lower inside of the grill behind the honeycomb plastic? There are like these little plastic doors that are hinged at the top and open towards the engine. Wondering what those are for.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim92

My stupid question is...

My gti has keyless entry, but what if my battery from my key decides to give up? Is there any way to enter/start my car?

Sorry if this already has been asked/answered.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
My stupid question is...

My gti has keyless entry, but what if my battery from my key decides to give up? Is there any way to enter/start my car?

The base of the handle pops off and has a keyhole under it to open the door with. Then you place the key against the indent in the steering column and push start.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Did you mean the following?

It's the same as gti. Same airbox. I got the dry one. Honestly could'nt tell the difference but won't have to buy any more filters, so there are savings in the long run

Thanks for clarifying. Don't think anyone could have understood otherwise. Swype ftw

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
My stupid question is...

Procedure is in the manual and there are some good YouTube videos to show about it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Any opinions on appearance/performance with this wheel on MK7 Tornado Red Sport with Indy 500-225s?
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...=Copper+Painted&showRear=no&packageFlow=false

I like it. Nice and light, unique color. The offset will look good, just be aware that you'll be using new wheel nuts that aren't locking and sometimes the centering rings give people trouble. I recommend checking out the neuspeed rse07 to compare if you like the 7 spoke look. They let you reuse the factory hardware and don't need centering rings, but the spokes are thicker. Either way, I think you'll like the change. Indy's are a good tire, but be warned, they're a lot louder than the factory all seasons.

LurpyGeek

Passed Driver's Ed
Can I trust my coolant temperature?

Of course, it starts out too low to measure and gradually warms up as the car runs. Tops out at 194 degrees Fahrenheit and stays there. Middle of winter? 194. Middle of summer? 194. Idling? 194. Pulling a long, steep hill? 194.

Seems too good to be true. Oil temp fluctuates after warm up though...