GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Okay thanks, obviously I made setting the tire pressure far more complicated than it needed to be but I was trying to figure out why the tires went soggy feeling recently.

No worries man. I typically run tire pressures that are higher than the sticker, and higher than most people run for grip (normally lower than sticker number). Depending on the wheel size and sidewall of the tire, that can also create a soggy feeling. The smaller the wheel, larger the sidewall, and lower the pressure, the far more movement you will feel. In fact if tire pressure are too low, and you preform a tight turn, you can de-bead the tire. My service adviser just did that the other day, didn't even notice.... Fucking stupid sack of shit who should have been aborted. "Oh wrath and tears, tell us how you really feel".... Service advisers and managers are just secretaries. Fuck. Trying to tell me shit about cars. FUCK OFF. Any way sorry about that. Personal shit coming through that I decided to type out so people could... have fun? laugh at me? console me? I don't know.

2015csgGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
So my car is at 56k miles. It runs absolutely beautifully, no problems with anything. I was thinking of doing a unitronic stage 1 tune. Are there too many miles to tune it? In other words, will I blow an already tired turbo by tuning it? Also, does it affect smog or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marv_gti_mk7_pp

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone have creaking of the black plastic on the centre console when braking / accelerating etc ..... really grating on me now ....... mainly by the flip up compartment under the nav and around the dsg gear stick surround ????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AGEE4

Ready to race!
Don't worry about it. I pick mine up on Monday, and I have enough excitement going for both of us.

Hahaha what trim and color you getting? I’m so stocked to move here from the MK6 forums.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
It might be oil from the air filter then. That's why I went with the aFe ProDry as it's not oiled.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Does aFe make air filters for the regular Golf? I can't seem to find one using their website search tool. If not what is the best air filter for the Golf excluding K&N or are you stuck with stock?

Also why did you go with that model instead of the Pro 5R? Thanks.

RSLICK

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7.5 Autobahn DSG
Hahaha what trim and color you getting? I’m so stocked to move here from the MK6 forums.

Autobahn, Pure white, DSG. No mods planned. Will be fun to drive!! Don't forget to remind them to remove the shipping pucks!

Last edited:

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
My dumb question :

Do the brake lights come on when the ACC or collision avoidance system applies the brakes ?

I'm sure they must to alert drivers behind you.

Here is my dumb question for the day. What the heck are all the strange noises the Golf makes after you turn it off? Sometimes I even hear a faint beeping. The noises are a lot more noticeable if you've been driving a bit hard then park in a garage.

pingman222

I'm sure they must to alert drivers behind you.

Here is my dumb question for the day. What the heck are all the strange noises the Golf makes after you turn it off? Sometimes I even hear a faint beeping. The noises are a lot more noticeable if you've been driving a bit hard then park in a garage.
Don't know what the noise is, but mine is exactly the same lol. I've been assured from other owners it's fine though... I'm curious to know what it is though

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Don't know what the noise is, but mine is exactly the same lol. I've been assured from other owners it's fine though... I'm curious to know what it is though

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

This has been addressed a few times here, but I'll answer for ease of finding it.

The noises are a "turbo timer" that circulates oil to cool the turbo and engine down evenly.

When you open the doors prior to starting the engine, you hear the fuel pump and HID ballasts for your LP headlights

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Does aFe make air filters for the regular Golf? I can't seem to find one using their website search tool. If not what is the best air filter for the Golf excluding K&N or are you stuck with stock?

Also why did you go with that model instead of the Pro 5R? Thanks.

It's the same as gti. Same airbox. I got the dry one. Honestly could tell the difference but won't have to but any more filters, so there's savings in the long run.

cb1111

It's the same as gti. Same airbox. I got the dry one. Honestly could tell the difference but won't have to but any more filters, so there's savings in the long run.

Did you mean the following?

It's the same as gti. Same airbox. I got the dry one. Honestly could'nt tell the difference but won't have to buy any more filters, so there are savings in the long run