GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > DIY Guides and Discussions

Old 09-23-2018, 04:08 PM   #307
aditud

Drives: 2015 GSW TDI SE 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc629 View Post
I don't know if my guy had tried coding byte 11 as 02 and then plugging in ODIS. I wonder if it would've made it show up in ODIS but not Vagcom as CP would still be on for 47. He had tried 01 and 03 for byte 11. Either that or the amp I have is bad
I hope it's the coding. Where did you get the amp from?

There would have been a way to test the amp (and I posted something about that), but it's too late now. If you plugged it in with the old system (stock MIB1 headunit), then started the infotainment while ignition was still off, then you would have sound in all speakers. CP would not kick in until you pressed the ignition button.
aditud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:44 AM   #308
Sc629

Drives: 2015 golf 1.8T
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditud View Post
I hope it's the coding. Where did you get the amp from?

There would have been a way to test the amp (and I posted something about that), but it's too late now. If you plugged it in with the old system (stock MIB1 headunit), then started the infotainment while ignition was still off, then you would have sound in all speakers. CP would not kick in until you pressed the ignition button.
I must have misread what you said about that. Would mib2 amp work with mib1 HU given I could access odis and remove CP? That would be a good way to test it then. Either way, I'm going to get with my guy later this week and mess with the coding again and see if I can figure something out. I got the amp from a seller on ebay. Probably taking off salvage cars but they said it was working when they pulled it

Last edited by Sc629; Today at 02:12 AM. Reason: eBay, not amazon
Sc629 is offline   Reply With Quote