GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why are all the MAPerformance and COBB AP threads closed?

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
I noticed the COBB TCU thread was closed, hadn’t noticed anything else. Definitely strange...

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I asked this question a week ago with no response. My best guess is there is some rules violations since they are vendors.

Littleredtipi

Ready to race!
If anyone has more insight into this, I'd love to know. I was about to pull the trigger on the MAP loaded Access Port, but I've heard the knocking might be an issue. Wanted to see it develop further in the thread before it closed.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
Yeah, I've been on the fence between Stratified and MA. MA is much cheaper, and stratified is half-way to a full dyno tune. I know out here in CA you can get a full tune for about 375-400 with any small changes after for free. So, I'm leaning towards MA for now, but if there's knock issues . . . I might hold off.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
We have no where to complain about waiting forever for the Cobb TCU tune! LOL

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, I've been on the fence between Stratified and MA. MA is much cheaper, and stratified is half-way to a full dyno tune. I know out here in CA you can get a full tune for about 375-400 with any small changes after for free. So, I'm leaning towards MA for now, but if there's knock issues . . . I might hold off.

That's a pretty cheap dyno tune. Most dyno tunes where I am start at $550. If you go with a dyno tune make sure it's from a tuner who's familiar with mk7s and cobb. You don't want to be someone's guinea pig. With the logging capabilities of the AP a dyno tune isn't going to be that different. I've taken all my street tuned cars and put them on dyos and they were super consistent and didn't really need any tweaking. You also get the advantage of the car being tuned in the real world and the environment it'll be driven hard in.

Regarding our pricing we offer a $50 discount if you buy the tune and AP from us.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
That's a pretty cheap dyno tune. Most dyno tunes where I am start at $550. If you go with a dyno tune make sure it's from a tuner who's familiar with mk7s and cobb. You don't want to be someone's guinea pig. With the logging capabilities of the AP a dyno tune isn't going to be that different. I've taken all my street tuned cars and put them on dyos and they were super consistent and didn't really need any tweaking. You also get the advantage of the car being tuned in the real world and the environment it'll be driven hard in.

Regarding our pricing we offer a $50 discount if you buy the tune and AP from us.

You're right, I just checked my text messages and it was 475, my bad! :) But, that's with buddy hook-up so still a little cheaper than normal, but more expensive than I would like to spend. Your reasoning sounds good to me, so I'll take that into account once I finally pull the trigger.

Side Note: I am hurting for that TCU tune! It's anguish waiting for them to release it. My DSG is great and all, but I really want to get those crisper shifts and better shift points/characteristics.

djadama

Ready to race!
Yeah I wanted to post my logs in the MAP Thread and its closed with no moderator explanation.

Moderators.... Please Explain! :confused:

moretorque

If anyone has more insight into this, I'd love to know. I was about to pull the trigger on the MAP loaded Access Port, but I've heard the knocking might be an issue. Wanted to see it develop further in the thread before it closed.
Knock is definitely an issue with MAP tunes. I initially had a 91 octane tune from them and decided to upgrade to their 93 octane after I noticed all 4 cylinders with knock values consistently between -4.5 & -5.25 degrees. After upgrading to their 93 octane tune, the knock became worse! I sent two datalogs and after waiting 3 days or so, Ian finally acknowledged that the logs were sent to their tuner.
Had I not pulled the trigger on a Stratified tune, I'd still be waiting on an update from MAP.

I sent the logs 5/8/18

To be fair, MAP did give me a $25 discount for going to the 93 octane. And the spark plugs & coils in my GTI are stock. 28k miles on it. I've owned it for 20k miles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Knock is definitely an issue with MAP tunes. I initially had a 91 octane tune from them and decided to upgrade to their 93 octane after I noticed all 4 cylinders with knock values consistently between -4.5 & -5.25 degrees. After upgrading to their 93 octane tune, the knock became worse! I sent two datalogs and after waiting 3 days or so, Ian finally acknowledged that the logs were sent to their tuner.
Had I not pulled the trigger on a Stratified tune, I'd still be waiting on an update from MAP.

I sent the logs 5/8/18

To be fair, MAP did give me a $25 discount for going to the 93 octane. And the spark plugs & coils in my GTI are stock. 28k miles on it. I've owned it for 20k miles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would you think changing to a map requiring higher octane would reduce knock?