GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ZacR's Build Thread

yosoydan

Ready to race!
Update.

Still waiting for my pads and rotors to show up so I can start installing my brembos.

Went ahead and ordered a Intergrated Engineering IC. After doing some research it was between the IE or a Wagner. IE has a better build quality according to most and also has a meth bung built in. Sold.

Couple pics over the last few days. Car is running great. I logged the 93 pump file and the 100 Oct race file to see what it looks like. The 93 runs great with lower timing. Peaks around 7 degrees at 23 psi. The race file which I can support with meth running pulls only 3 degrees of timing and peaks around 24 or 25 psi at 16 degrees of timing which is awesome. Such a difference. I've been learning a lot about tunes and timing. Very interesting stuff.

How the car sits as of today.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Awesome, you can't go wrong with IE. Had I not gone with APR it would have been IE without question. Just hate waiting for parts to get delivered :)

yosoydan

Ready to race!
That's the worst part. I'm waiting for my IC and new rotors/pads. Gonna be at least 4 weeks for the IC though. Then I have to drive down to Detroit from Toronto to grab it.

Man, you take patience to a whole different level. But you're saving some $$$ compared to other ICs, and it's a good time to wait 4 weeks, since we're not in full blown summer weather mode yet :cool:

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Man, you take patience to a whole different level. But you're saving some $$$ compared to other ICs, and it's a good time to wait 4 weeks, since we're not in full blown summer weather mode yet :cool:

I don't mind waiting to save hundreds of dollars. The shipping cost to Toronto would have been at least 200 bucks more, plus I ordered 2. One for a friend. So we got a good deal, just some work involved getting it here. I will have my brakes to install soon which will help me with the wait.

I am excitied to get the IC on and then dyno the car. Really interested to see what it puts down.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Grabbed a few more shots threw on my new club Wolfsburg carbon plate covers. That's the local vw group here. Also put a new EZ lip on.

Jorrd

Stumbled upon your vids when researching the mk7 before I bought mine then stumbled upon you on here.

My favourite GTI build I've seen - we getting a new vid with the is38 soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Stumbled upon your vids when researching the mk7 before I bought mine then stumbled upon you on here.

My favourite GTI build I've seen - we getting a new vid with the is38 soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man!

Unfortunately a lot of the video I took while installing it was corrupt....so I'm in the process of making a is38 +giac tune review. Really passed me off since I was looking forward to that video. On the bright side I have the brembos going on soon so I'll make a video for that as well as the Intercooler.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
where did you get the autodip? How many cans did you need to do the wheels?
1 can per wheel. Ordered straight from autodip.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
This finally showed up at my door. Stock intake works well enough. Went with a hi flow filter and I'm still waiting on the new silicone intake hose.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Tried something a little different. The banner sticker is off but the hood is black now. Love the contrast of gloss black and csg.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
First track day is for me is April 30th. So I jumped on these when I saw them for sale. They came with the winter tires which I'll sell to get some money back. Enkei Kojin 17x8 in matte silver. I'll be mounting some Potenza Re71r 235/45/17 tires. These will be my dedicated track wheels. I'll swap them out at the track prior.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
A little JDM can't hurt.

Long story short. With the new wheels they require conical seated lugs while my oem wheel still need ball seat. So I thought about getting a separate set of lugs. Turns out they are expensive and I'd rather do a stud conversion in that case since I will be swapping out wheels fairly often. So I found a company called motorsport hardware that make a 78mm 14x1.5 to 12x1.5 stud. Reason for the conversion is 14x1.5 lug nuts are far and few between. So the 12 is a better option. I also ordered some ball seat washers to go with the conical lug nuts so I can use them on my oem wheels.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Decided to change my plugs. These are the oem ones I've been running since I got the car. I don't think they were running right. I would start my car sometimes and I could tell it just didn't idle correctly. When changing my plugs I found one of the cam actuator plugs was loose as well. Explains the idle and misfires I'd have I guess. So I grabbed the latest revision rs7 plugs and threw them in. Noticeably smoother, idle is much cleaner, smoother through every rpm and just all around better. Now I'm not saying everyone will have this result but there was something definitely wrong with my old plugs.