GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ZacR's Build Thread

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Picture of the gloss black Lagunas ?

It's not actually paint. I did it myself using something called autodip. Sorta like Plasti dip but hi gloss.

www.autodip.com

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Nice in for jb4 and meth dyno

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Once I get it all installed, mapped and running well I'll dyno it. Gonna be a bit before all that ahppens though.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Ok meth kit arrived along with the spulen throttle pipe. Picked up some boost juice as well to try out but later found a washer fluid that's essentially the exactll same thing meth content wise and $18 cheaper a gallon. So if that works the same I'll stick with the cheap stuff. Boost juice is $20 a gallon. Yes I know I can mix my own meth but I'd rather just buy something pre made and not worry about it.

Install is happening this Sunday evening. Pumped.

Also picked up this sweet jb4 key chain. Why not lol.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
I started a YouTube channel called The Daily Boost. It's going to cover my car build, track days, daily life , etc.

Here's a link to it. Mostly covering how I autodipped my wheels.

https://youtu.be/n0lRel2ZMiM

Check it out!

Zacr811

Ready to race!

Zacr811

Ready to race!
So after alot of research I pulled the trigger on these 99 Porsche Boxster brembos that will bolt with a costly adapter to my OEM rotor size. Going to be completely rebuilding them myself and powder coating them red.

Video to cover all of it. I'll post part numbers if anyone is interested.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Update.

Meth- been back and fourth with George quite a bit logging runs and we got it dialed in. He says there still is a lot of room left to bump up the power but we should dyno first and see where we are at. With my mods I should be well over 300WHP and honestly the car feels very fast. The torque you get from meth is just insane and its so smooth. it just keeps pulling.

Brakes- I have done so much research on part numbers and other various items to make these work my head hurts. Everything is ordered and the process of rebuilding the calipers is in the works. I found a place with the help of some friends that will take them apart, powder coat and rebuild them all for $300 which is a great price. I ordered all new pressure seals and dust caps, bleeder valves, cross tubes, etc. Even has special rotors from the UK coming that are jhooked to work with the different pad size since these wont cover the entire rotor. There will be a 7mm gap on the outer edge which will eventually rust from having no contact with the pads. The jhooked rotors solve that problem. New brackets from Apikol to mount, ss lines, etc. All on the way. Very excited to see the finished results!

efa5

Ready to race!
Autodip looks great, might give it a try later on in the spring. Just watched EP2 on your YouTube channel. Looking forward to new content.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Autodip looks great, might give it a try later on in the spring. Just watched EP2 on your YouTube channel. Looking forward to new content.
Thank you. Im trying to post new content regularly. Being the middle of winter here it's tough to come up with stuff but I make due. Summer will be awesome. I have so many exciting things lined up.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Ok the NQSBBK is coming along nicely. Calipers arrived the other day. Packaged up like little bricks of coke. Lol. They are in great shape but I'm still rebuilding them entirely just becuase I want them red and they are older. So to avoid any issues they are being rebuilt. They also came with pads that had a decent amount of life left but I don't like the unknown so they will also be thrown out.

The Apikol brake adapters arrived today. Very nice piece. High quality part that I don't feel so bad about spending that much on now. Excited to see how it's all going to come together. These include the correct size bolts and banjo bolts in the kit.

The Calipers go out to get rebuilt tomorrow. Probably won't get them back for a few weeks. I'll update then.

Untill then, I'm searching for SS brake lines, spacers and rotors.

If anyone is interested in part numbers and what is needed to do this themselves. Pm me.

Last edited:

Zacr811

Ready to race!

Calipers are done. Really pleased with the result.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

Calipers are done. Really pleased with the result.
Man those are pretty sick!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Did a few things over the last couple days. Wrapped my roof and picked this other thing up.

Wasn't even planning on doing an is38 upgrade so soon but I couldn't resist.

So the brembos and is38 should be on the car within the next 2-3weeks.

Excited is an understatement.