GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who got their Clubsport S muffler? Raise you hand!

Who go their CSS mufflers, who didn't?

• Total voters

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Anyone running the APR crackle n pop tune with the CSS muffler?

Itgb

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had mine on for about a week. It almost sounds stock from inside especially at part throttle. Everyone says to wait a bit for it to open up, so hopefully that's the case.

Also, I weighed the CSS muffler at 24.2lb and stock at 25.2lb. At least it's not adding weight.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Is your soundaktor enabled?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I've had mine on for about a week. It almost sounds stock from inside especially at part throttle. Everyone says to wait a bit for it to open up, so hopefully that's the case.

Also, I weighed the CSS muffler at 24.2lb and stock at 25.2lb. At least it's not adding weight.

Odd.
Should be louder by a good bit.
Right muffler?
Put rear seats down and try.
Increases sound you hear.

Video?

Itgb

Passed Driver's Ed
Is your soundaktor enabled?

Soundaktor is disconnected.

Odd.
Should be louder by a good bit.
Right muffler?
Put rear seats down and try.
Increases sound you hear.

Video?

Yes, verified PNs that it's the correct muffler.

I should qualify my statement a little better. From inside the car with windows up, the car sounds stock at low rpm and under ~50% throttle. I can hear it with larger throttle inputs. However with the radio on, it drowns out some of the exhaust noise.

Windows down, I can hear it under most throttle applications so I know it's there. It's just quieter that I was expecting. Maybe a resonator delete would help, but I'm just going to leave it for now.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

I should qualify my statement a little better. From inside the car with windows up, the car sounds stock at low rpm and under ~50% throttle. I can hear it with larger throttle inputs. However with the radio on, it drowns out some of the exhaust noise.

Windows down, I can hear it under most throttle applications so I know it's there. It's just quieter that I was expecting. Maybe a resonator delete would help, but I'm just going to leave it for now.

I would say your reaction and assessment is pretty normal. And it all really depends on what your goal and expectations are with your exhaust.

In my opinion, the CSS makes the car as loud as the fake soundaktor from the interior during normal driving. WOT the CSS muffler is much louder. That being said, you can't hear fake soundaktor noise from the outside. With the CSS muffler, obviously the car is now making real sound that is audible on the exterior.

The sound level and tone is decent. However, if you want robust sound while your stereo is on, the CSS muffler is probably not a good option. I was considering doing a res delete as well, but I'd opting to go with a catted DP and resonator. Hopefully with the right set up, the volume won't be much higher as I'm pretty happy with it, as is.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

Adding a downpipe would also help.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

Put rear seats down the next time you drive and see how you like it.
The seats block a lot of noise if you want more.
PS: One can turn the radio up loud enough to block the World out. ;)

SebasEuRo

It's funny you say that, I got mine installed yesterday and it seemed loud enough to hear it but my back seats were down since I was taking the box with the stock muffler back home. Haven't driven it yet with the seats back up but I'm happy with the sound.
What I am curious about though is the part number, the inlet pipe is the 5G6253609DD but the muffler sticker shows 5Q6253611CH. Cannot find any info on this part number, can someone help me? I wanna make sure they sent me the right muffler.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
It's funny you say that, I got mine installed yesterday and it seemed loud enough to hear it but my back seats were down since I was taking the box with the stock muffler back home. Haven't driven it yet with the seats back up but I'm happy with the sound.
What I am curious about though is the part number, the inlet pipe is the 5G6253609DD but the muffler sticker shows 5Q6253611CH. Cannot find any info on this part number, can someone help me? I wanna make sure they sent me the right muffler.

Mine matches those numbers as well:

Last edited:

Itgb

Passed Driver's Ed

Unfortunately, I have a car seat in the back. So the rear seats have to be up all the time.

I've been driving with the radio off recently just to try and hear the exhaust some more, but I don't listen to it very loud to begin with. I'm just going to let it break in and enjoy it.

Finally a picture to share...

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Unfortunately, I have a car seat in the back. So the rear seats have to be up all the time.

I've been driving with the radio off recently just to try and hear the exhaust some more, but I don't listen to it very loud to begin with. I'm just going to let it break in and enjoy it.

Finally a picture to share...

Split rear seat.
Kid one side, other side down so they can also hear exhaust.
Nice GTI. ENJOY!

SebasEuRo

^ Haha seriously I don't think the seats impede the sounds that much! I can't wait to drive her tomorrow! Nice car Itgb, is that stock height on those V810s?

SebasEuRo

Mine matches those numbers as well:

Thanks for confirming I'm not the only one seeing this, hopefully it is still the correct muffler otherwise we both have a different one :D . I mean anyone can weld on that short connecting pipe to whatever muffler and call it Clubsport S. I hope e-acca is not playing tricks on us..

Last edited: